• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wrong Kernal for Wireless Tethering?

darkside

Android Enthusiast
Feb 25, 2010
Good Ol' Colorado
So I am rooted running BB0.4 1.1ghz kernal, and when I try to use the Wireless Tethering for Root users app, it gives me an error saying that the kernal I have doesn't work. Do i need to flash a different kernal to get it to work? Or should I just ignore it and continue. When I hit ignore and looked at my wireless networks I don't see my phone. Any ideas?

Attachments

• snap.jpg.jpg
    snap.jpg.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 40
question...when flashing to another kernal, do you have to remove a prior kernal to flash to another or can you just flash another kernal on top? I flashed a 1GHz kernal on my simplystunning froyo ROM and lost the battery percentage widget as well as the boot animation that I really liked. Not sure if that was actually an intentional kernal design or the kernal just not liking the ROM/ being fidgety with my phone....it seemed like it was booting/rebooting for quite a while after initially flashing the kernal. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0
that should be supported Im not sure whats going on then

Ya i've tried everything I can think of. I flashed to chevy's ULV 7 slot 1.25ghz kernal as well to see if maybe that will work and still nothing, getting the same error. Tried to turn off access control and still can't find the phone from my laptop. Not sure what else to do. Going to try and reinstall and see if maybe that helps.

Upvote 0
question...when flashing to another kernal, do you have to remove a prior kernal to flash to another or can you just flash another kernal on top? I flashed a 1GHz kernal on my simplystunning froyo ROM and lost the battery percentage widget as well as the boot animation that I really liked. Not sure if that was actually an intentional kernal design or the kernal just not liking the ROM/ being fidgety with my phone....it seemed like it was booting/rebooting for quite a while after initially flashing the kernal. Any thoughts?

I just flashed from Chevy's LV 1.1ghz kernal to his ULV 1.25ghz kernal and everything is working like it should, I can overclock to 1.25ghz now and it shows it in my kernal version. I flashed right over the old kernal i was using so it should work to my knowledge.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones