1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wrong mobile number shown in Kies?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by simonwootton, Aug 22, 2012.

1. simonwootton

simonwootton Lurker

Hopefully a simple one! I transferred my existing mobile number from O2 to Orange with a new contract a couple of weeks ago. The number has finally transferred over, however the original 'Orange supplied' mobile number is displayed in the Kies application. Where and how to I update this ?

Thanks in advance, love the forum!:smokingsomb:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

If you go into settings, about phone, status, you will also notice the number to be incorrect in there.

There may be app to do this but I'm not aware of it, but basically you need to put your sim into a blackberry and go into the sim card advanced options, and in there you can edit your number to your new (out should i say old) one.

3. Rheumatoid

Rheumatoid Member

unfortunately it isn't easy unless your carrier supports changing it in settings. Mine has been like it a year. I tend to ignore it now. The only solution I know of as already been posted is to stick the sim in another phone that can edit it. BB's can and some old sonys.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews