1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wrong number showing in phone

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by HamptonCaught, Apr 11, 2012.

1. HamptonCaught

HamptonCaught Member

I know there have been similar posts on this before, but I just can't seem to solve this problem. My Samsung Galaxy S II came with a new number which was replaced by my original number which I ported over with a PAC code.

Now, when I go to Settings > About phone > Status > My phone number, the old number that came with the phone still shows. It's been like this for nearly a month now.

I saw somewhere that the SIM could be put into a Blackberry and the number changed that way, so I borrowed my daughter's Bold and tried it. The Blackberry just kept asking for a MEP code. As I was fearful of doing something I may regret to my daughter's phone, I gave up.

Took the phone to a T-Mobile store at the weekend and spoke to an assistant. The response was less than helpful - ''No idea mate, never seen that before. You could try removing the battery and rebooting, otherwise I haven't got a clue.'' Apple's Genius Bar is clearly missing a trick by not offering that one a job.

So, I'm still no further forward. Does anyone know how this problem might be solved, or is this just an Android issue that I'm going to have to live with?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download