1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wrong patterns message after Android 6.0 update

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by shocker8786, Sep 7, 2016.

1. shocker8786

shocker8786 Lurker
    None

Sep 7, 2016
    Male
    Hello, I have a Huawei P8lite that I updated from Android 4.0 to 6.0 yesterday morning. Everything was working fine after the update, I was able to unlock my phone no problem and do anything I needed. Then I got on a plane from Chicago to Dublin. When I got off the plane, I tried to open my phone, and got a message saying that my pattern was wrong (it's not). I've reset my phone about 5 times, but it still tells me my pattern is wrong. It even tells me the pattern is wrong before I finish drawing the pattern, so I know something's wrong here besides me forgetting my pattern.

I tried to lock my phone using the device manager (google.com/android/devicemanager), but because I'm in a foreign country, my phone isn't connected to the internet, so it's not receiving the message. Is there anything I can do to solve this problem? I'm out of the country for a week, am I just going to be locked out until I get back to the US?

I have a mac that I can connect my phone to, is there anything I can do to fix this? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement