• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wrong person selected when replying to text.

Ze2o

Jul 9, 2010
Bay Area
I have this issue where when I am trying to reply to a text message and select the person's name to display the message but another person's name appears. I am not hitting the wrong person since the other person's name is nowhere on the screen.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I've had 3 HTC EVO that did the same thing so im assuming this is software issue.

This has happened to me a few times and has created some awkward situations (ie.. sending "LOVE YOU" to my boss when it was meant for the wife).

It has happened using the stock app AND Handcent. Tried using ChompSMS for a bit, but I don't care for it.

I posted a bug on handcent about it, but no responses. It isn't specific to handcent though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones