1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Wrong person selected when replying to text.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ze2o, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Ze2o

Ze2o Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Bay Area
    I have this issue where when I am trying to reply to a text message and select the person's name to display the message but another person's name appears. I am not hitting the wrong person since the other person's name is nowhere on the screen.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I've had 3 HTC EVO that did the same thing so im assuming this is software issue.

Advertisement

2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    I do some stuff and get paid for it...that's all t
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    I believe they call that "drunk texting" :D

3. slugbug

slugbug Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Longhorn Land
    Yep, they need to fix this. I have seen a few posts that mention the same thing. I have had a similar thing with mine since the update (go to text messages, select a thread to reply to, a completely different person/thread comes up).

4. Munnarg

Munnarg Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Male
    Happens to me daily.

5. Ze2o

Ze2o Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Bay Area
    Do'h so i guess there is no fix for this yet.

It's quite annoying but i can live with it.

Thanks!

6. streetdreams5520

streetdreams5520 New Member

Sep 22, 2010
    me tooo....makes me upset

7. gordo

gordo Member

Jun 24, 2010
    yea this needs to be fixed, i didn't pay attention to it once and sent a text to the wrong person.

8. cremona

cremona Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Sometimes when I select the person at the top of the list it gives me the person displayed at the very bottom. This has happened constantly.

9. bluelt1ss

bluelt1ss Member

Jul 16, 2010
    this hasnt happened to me but using my favorites widget i will select someone to call and it will call someone completely different. this happened many times now

10. APBTx2

APBTx2 Active Member

Jun 20, 2010
    sales
    Midwest
    This and the texting problem hit me almost daily. It seems if I go to my favorites to dial or go to the texts and give the phone just a second, this doesn't happen.

11. 1fastyfz

1fastyfz Member

Apr 27, 2010
    happens to me about every other day too. It needs to get fixed it does it with handcent and the stock messaging app

12. adrianq

adrianq Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    This has happened to me a few times and has created some awkward situations (ie.. sending "LOVE YOU" to my boss when it was meant for the wife).

It has happened using the stock app AND Handcent. Tried using ChompSMS for a bit, but I don't care for it.

I posted a bug on handcent about it, but no responses. It isn't specific to handcent though.

13. kaity

kaity New Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Ahhhh this happens to me every day. I only sent the text to the wrong person once though. I almost sent a dirty text that was meant for my boyfriend to my boss. That would have been very awkward going into work the next day. I now double check the name before typing any text, dirty or not.

14. LazyEngineer

LazyEngineer Active Member

Jul 19, 2010
    This happens to me daily. Same thing sometimes when I use Favorites widget with various friends on speed dial. I'll press one person's speed dial, and it'll dial a different one. Pretty annoying.

Tags: