1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Wrong Sounds

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by meche, Feb 11, 2011.

1. meche

meche Lurker

In the last week, my phone has quit playing the correct sounds. It plays the digital phone ringer on startup (rather than DROOOOOID), a Google Listen podcast for incoming messages, and an mp3 for a ringtone. I'm at a complete loss with this. I'm not rooted, only have normal apps installed. I can't find any threads or anything on google about this.

Advertisement

2. old.blue

old.blue Well-Known Member

I have a similar issue - seems like it happens overnight. I'll make no changes to my phone, and in the morning my ring tone has changed as well as my notifications tone. :mad:

As much as I love my DX, I can't help to think that this phone (or at least the software) is just not ready for prime time. Go back and look at all the problems the phone has with email not syncing correctly (both corporate and personal), issue with sounds, GPS issues, issues syncing with Google Calendar, etc etc. I have managed to fix my personal email problems by adding K-9 Email, but I shouldn't HAVE to do that.

Like I said, I love my DX, and have had generally good luck with Motorola phones over the years, but a phone like this (VZW flagship, Motorola high end phone) should NOT have this many issues.

Come on Motorola, do right by your customers. Fix this d@mn thing correctly!