• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wrong unlock pattern, can't unlock

Xenon

Aug 30, 2009
Croatia
OK, I've entered a wrong pattern too many times. The phone now asks for my gmail username and password.

I tried to enter them, but it doesn't accept the credentials. They are certainly valid, I know because I logged in via web browser with the same name/pass and it works.

What should I do now?

Found a solution after some googling.

Enter "null" in the password field and the phone allows you to reset the pattern.

Man, I was ready to throw it into the wall...

This solves my problem, but think about it, it's also a security hole. Anyone can
take your "unlock pattern protected" phone, type in "null" and voila, access granted.

Reactions: TNMtnBob and ely09
Upvote 0
I solved this as :

1.Made a call from my bros mobile .
2.then i clicked the end call button,then there will be small amount of time to go back to lock screen from call screen
3.in this time start clicking menu or home button on the phone.( better is to press end call and immediately start pressing home button,this will take to home scrren)
4.In your web browser from a computer change the password for your account.
5.make sure u have net connection for the mobile
6.now click the sync in mobile,and get back to lock screen and enter the new password

thats it u are in

Upvote 0
I solved this as :

1.Made a call from my bros mobile .
2.then i clicked the end call button,then there will be small amount of time to go back to lock screen from call screen
3.in this time start clicking menu or home button on the phone.( better is to press end call and immediately start pressing home button,this will take to home scrren)
4.In your web browser from a computer change the password for your account.
5.make sure u have net connection for the mobile
6.now click the sync in mobile,and get back to lock screen and enter the new password

thats it u are in

Wouldn't it be possible to have someone call you, press the end call then home button and remove the unlock pattern in the settings? Well, that's if you know what the pattern is.

Upvote 0
None of these options for the Galaxy S worked for me... however the following did.

I downloaded samsung kies (Samsung pc suite) and updated the firmware to version 2.2 android, then you simply enter email and password, this gives you the option to reset unlock pattern, and i didn't lose any of my info !!!

Hope this helps !!!!...

p.s. 2.2 android update is not available in all countries yet so when installing kies i selected UK as country.

Upvote 0
None of these options for the Galaxy S worked for me... however the following did.

I downloaded samsung kies (Samsung pc suite) and updated the firmware to version 2.2 android, then you simply enter email and password, this gives you the option to reset unlock pattern, and i didn't lose any of my info !!!

Hope this helps !!!!...

p.s. 2.2 android update is not available in all countries yet so when installing kies i selected UK as country.
Can you explain to mhe how to unlock my phone please

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones