• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Mine always goes from 3g to 1x. I'm in San Fran and to be honest I thought they'd have better service. I don't want to be paying a premium for 1x, in that case I'd rather stick to T-Mo and pay less

You speaketh as though we care about how you decide to spend your money. Shame you're having such trouble though. Good luck to you in the future.

Upvote 0
You speaketh as though we care about how you decide to spend your money. Shame you're having such trouble though. Good luck to you in the future.

I agree why did u post this? U sound like an ass. Do urself a favor. Next time u have a thought let it go. And avoid commenting on my threads in the future ur clutter is needed just not here.

Upvote 0
Alright lol everyone chill. :( The x1 signal quality is the old CDMA service and generally allows for basic phone calls, SMS, etc. When you're in a good enough area to receive 3G, you can start doing things like streaming YouTube, MMS, etc. If you have a signal at all, and you aren't roaming, then you will always have a x1 connection. It's just that sometimes the signal isn't strong enough to allow for 3G on top of it.

It really doesn't matter what carrier you go with, you will always have times where all you can get is the old x1 signal. Some carriers have better coverage, but tbh, I think Verizon probably has the best service right now in terms of 3G coverage. I'm only basing this from using or borrowing friends' and family members' phones that have service with another carrier. I don't think I've ever had a bad experience with Verizon coverage before. Even if I hit a low signal area, I can easily find a 3G connection shortly after, sometimes without even moving.

Good luck with T-Mobile, blown-droid, if that's who you decide to go with. I've heard they're pretty good but I can't vouch for them personally. I've only ever had Verizon before.

Upvote 0
Mine always goes from 3g to 1x. I'm in San Fran and to be honest I thought they'd have better service. I don't want to be paying a premium for 1x, in that case I'd rather stick to T-Mo and pay less

I was in SF just this afternoon, and very rarely got 3g. It was always 1x. It was a pain since we were trying to find a good restaurant to go to, and I had to look up reviews on the super slow connection.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones