• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

wtf! lg ally issues

WhyMyAlly

Dec 31, 2010
Here are some issues that may or may not ever be resolved. I'm also wondering if I should exchanged and or just nuke my verizon contract and end up with more debt because I just can't stand it anymore. The first issue is the sdcard unexpectedly removed and you haved to remove and reinsert then go to the options and remount at least 3 or 4 times a day. This eventually ruins the card and apps installed on there not to mention pictures videos and whatever else you have on there. The next deal is the keyboard from time to time stops working requiring a reboot. Its happening once or twice a week. The next one is the audio jack. I like using my phone as a music box esp with pandora and sometimes the jack sticks and makes the phone useless until I jack f*** my phone with a 8mm cord several times until it fixes the problem. The next thing I hate is the battery after about 3 months or so just goes to hell. It lasts maybe 4 hours at the most even with no usage and when you charge it it only goes to 70 or 80 % and it just gets worse until it flash the blue light on and off then it needs to be replaced. These are the main issues that's hit two of my phones with stock and velocity roms so I know its not the rom doing it and its purely stuck with hardware. I don't know what to do anymore. I know others experienced the same issues on here so I guess what I'm asking is what should I do. Should I deal with it or keep getting phones exchaged until I find a good one or is a good lg ally non existant. Thanks for taking the tim anf reading this. The only thing I find bearable on this handset is velocity for helping with the rather bad software that verizon added to the grief.

First off its REALLY weird that you could fit an 8mm cord in what i thought was a 3.5mm jack. CRAAAAZY! But in all seriousness, the jack is a known issue, get some contact cleaner (alcohol may work) and some air duster and itll fix that for a while. Big problem is that its always open for dust and such to get in there.

For the sd card issue, well ive seen it around here before but have never experinced it myself and MOST of us havent. Get the phone switched out on warranty.

And what do you mean when you say the keyboard stops working? Like it takes no input at all? Or certain keys will launch apps instead of writing letters, if its the latter of the 2 then just hit the search key a few times to get it working.

Ive had my battery since november and itll still last me all day with reasonable usage. And i have noticed a small decrease in the life of it but its in no way something to complain about.

Ive used 3 allys for long enough to say that even though its a low end budget phone. I find it to be built very well. My first phone got replaced because the motor that vibrates went out. But other than that it didnt have any problems and neither has its replacement. I bought another ally from someone on here and gave it to a friend, this one was sold back in november and it is still runnin like a champ (thanks tattedman)

Other than the jack all you can do is get a new phone. But like everything else in this world. Sometimes itll just take a shit on you. My dad works as a unix/linux admin for wells fargo. He has seen some brand new servers die in a matter of weeks while most last for years. Just how it goes, i had a playstation hard drive die after only a month its just how it goes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones