1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

WTF? Long-press makes touch screen non-responsive

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Johnny Cakes, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Android Enthusiast

Once I long-press on the screen, the touch-screen becomes non-responsive. By non-responsive, I mean that I can not swipe to change screens, access any apps on the screen, or access the functions associated with the soft-keys next to the home button.

However, if I press the screen on/off button on the side, then responsiveness is restored, at least until I long-press again.

I am running Nova Launcher, but the desktop lock is off. I've updated Nova Launcher just to make sure that it is not causing the problem. I am rooted.

At this point I'm clueless -- anyone have any idea on this one?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tensazan

tensazan Android Enthusiast

Have you tried uninstalling nova and trying it on whichever launcher was included in the ROM? I'm running nova on my stock unrooted phone and it's working fine. It could also be an issue with your ROM. And a reflash might solve it if it's happening on the launcher that came with the ROM

3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Yeah try clearing defaults for Nova in app manager so you get the choice to use touchwiz and see if its the same with that :thumbup:

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews