• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WTF.... my Nexus. Well it got slow...

twflys

Jan 25, 2009
WTF? My Nexus just went from being a Ferrari to an Astro Van. Haven't had any issues with this bad boy since day one.. until like 3 days ago. I tap to open an app and then think it didn't register my touch input press 3 more times- each time with emphasis and precision. Only to wait decades for an app to load. Once I am in the app everything seems fine... I have looked and uninstalled some recent apps, rebooted, and tried task killer. Nothing seems to work, I don`t run live wallpaper and haven`t maxed out my 16 gigs of memory or ram... wtf?

Anyone else having this issue?

WTF? My Nexus just went from being a Ferrari to an Astro Van. Haven't had any issues with this bad boy since day one.. until like 3 days ago. I tap to open an app and then think it didn't register my touch input press 3 more times- each time with emphasis and precision. Only to wait decades for an app to load. Once I am in the app everything seems fine... I have looked and uninstalled some recent apps, rebooted, and tried task killer. Nothing seems to work, I don`t run live wallpaper and haven`t maxed out my 16 gigs of memory or ram... wtf?

Anyone else having this issue?

I'm having a similar experience.

Mine was lightning fast out of the box. It was very responsive to inputs, and ran apps very well.

Then, about 3 or 4 days ago, it just got slow. It would hang trying to open or close apps. I would get messages saying "<app name> has stopped working". Inputs take a long time to register.

When I reboot the device, it gets back to normal for a while, but eventually starts getting slow once again. I'm wondering if there was an app update that somehow sabotaged my device, but I've been obsessively checking the "running apps" tab, and nothing seems too unusual.

Not exactly sure what's going on.

Upvote 0
Time to check battery use, that tells you what app is using the power.
I had my xTab7 do that last week and I cleared it with a press of the reset button without loosing anything.
Does anyone know if there is a reset button in the little hole about an inch from the 4 gold recessed contacts?

According to the quick start guide included with the Nexus, that's one of the two microphones. The other one's at the top left (with the screen facing you). Dunno why there's two.

Upvote 0
According to the quick start guide included with the Nexus, that's one of the two microphones. The other one's at the top left (with the screen facing you). Dunno why there's two.

I'd guess they're for noise cancellation, like on some other nexus devices.

Both will pick up ambient sound fairly equally, but the one closer to you picks up your voice more than the other one. So if you cancel out the common signals, you get just your voice left.

Upvote 0
Hey guys just looking at this from a different point of few... hopefully its ok for me to add even thought I don't have a Nexus. What is the battery temp running at?? Looks like lots of people are having the same issue so maybe also list all the apps you installed the day prior to this happening. There has to be a common link between every one and once we know that we know the fix.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones