1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

wtf no wifi tether

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by s_special, Dec 19, 2011.

1. s_special

s_special Android Enthusiast

today i rooted my epic 4g touch with the "one click method" found on this site, and downloaded wireless tether and all i get is a notice saying that it "started with errors". then i tried another root method (odin). still having the same error message. anyone know a method to gain wifi tether?
    this is the only reason why i want to root. thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rbtrucking

rbtrucking Well-Known Member

I had problems after I rooted too. I just threw a rom on there and everything was solved. Most roms come with free wifi tether plus a whole bunch of other awesome stuff. I would throw a rom on there I am using the blazer rom right now and am loving it! It has 3g and 4g wifi tether and is blazing fast. Remember though always do a nandroid backup, wipe delvic cache and cache partition before flashing.

s_special likes this.
  3. s_special

ive never flashed a rom or done a nandroid back up or wiped dalvic cache. kind of intimidating. just makes me mad because i feel i did all the necessary steps already to achieve wifi tethering like i had on my HTC evo

4. s_special

Is it the app itself that's the problem?

5. s_special

6. s_special

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews