• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root wtf sd card?

What did you use to image your SD card? When you burn an image (.img) file you are recreating not only the file structure, but the original partition as well. If the ROM's image was on a 113mb partition, then that's what you get.

You have two options, both require partitioning software like gparted. You can create a new partition using the free space and have a second virtual drive, or oyou can expand the existing partition to include the free space in a single volume.

Upvote 0
You can plug it into your computer and open disk manager (right-click on my computer... click manage) and you might be able to delete all the partitions and add a large, fat32 partition. O/w I've used dos commands (diskpart) to delete them, but that's clumbsy and awkward.

Another option is to download and install this: Download HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool (free)

I've heard good things about it, but have never used it.

Removing and formatting your sdcard will delete anything on it so you might need to copy the contents to your computer and back again if there's something of value there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones