1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General WTF! SO ANGRY. (captivate, fascinate, mesmerize)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by emd023, Jun 1, 2011.

1. emd023

emd023 Lurker
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    ok so ive had the mesmerize for about two weeks now. Im sure you guys already know that its identical to the captivate and fascinate. anyway, ive been having some very irritating problems.

First my phone has been shutting off randomly and not turning back on unless i do a battery pull. This has happened numerous times in 2 weeks. I have done some research and this is a known issue with the phones. Here is a thread that was started A YEAR AGO and has almost 1000 replies. How has this problem not been fixed yet? seriously?

http://androidforums.com/captivate-support-troubleshooting/130114-phone-shutting-off-randomly.html

second my phone hasn't been receiving some calls and texts. ive researched this and its also a known issue. Here is the thread.

US Cellular Samsung Mesmerize Missing Calls

basically what i want to know is what do i do now? these problems are obviously not getting fixed. i am still under my 30 day trial so i could either switch back to my blackberry or get an HTC desire. Is this a good phone? i love my samsung but i dont know if i want to risk keeping it with all of these problems. any thoughts?

Advertisement

2. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    Dump the samsung

3. ladybadger2007

ladybadger2007 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 26, 2009
    Independant Contractor in Visual Merchandising
    Altus Oklahoma
    There is a new HTC Merge(I think thats what its called) thats suppose to be better then the Desire. I am considering jumpimg ship as well for the same problems ans it's been worse since the 2.2 came out. I've had mine since launch day.

4. emd023

emd023 Lurker
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    I cant believe they havent fixed any of these problems yet.

5. Ziphless

Ziphless Member
    None

May 26, 2011
    My mesmerize has been replaced 3 times and I still have problems on my third phone! Throughout the whole process since February, the claim to have no knowledge of any of these issues. I have talked with many techs on the phone or in store.
    my last visit at the store, the tech told me of a 2.3 upgrade that is suppose fix all these known issues. We'll see ...

6. shaneallenhenderson

shaneallenhenderson Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 8, 2010
    I love mine now that it's rooted. Best phone I have ever had. ;)

7. ladybadger2007

None

Oct 26, 2009
    Altus Oklahoma
    OMG I called this morning to complain once again about all the problems, and they won't even send me a replacement, they said that there is a patch coming out that was suppose to be out last week but should be any day now. They said everyone with a mesmerize is having the same problems and to just settle down and be patient . They are aware of the problems and are working on the problem. GRRRRRRR . I am so tired of this crap, they told me to watch the facebook page cuz that is were they will notify when the patch is released. GRRRRRRRR. I almost have 12,000 belief points and then I am so outa this phone!!!!!!

8. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Project Manager
    Virginia
    I'm disappointed in the phone, given the potential that it has. But the problems it has aren't so debilitating that I can't use it. I will acknowledge that there are probably better Android phones out there. But this one is definitely not the worst one, either.

Having said all that, once my belief points have accumulated, I will move on to another phone. By then there should be another "latest and greatest" out there to play with anyway.

I like playing around with this stuff anyway, so even if it was a flawless phone I'd upgrade to a different phone when there is a better one available.

9. rich.sandy

rich.sandy Member
    None

Nov 28, 2010
    I don't know what everyone is so worked up about. I have had my phone since uscell came out with it. and I have had no,none, nada. problems. with any part of this phone. I had a blackberry curve before and this is twice that phone. Sorry I love it.

10. ladybadger2007

None

Oct 26, 2009
    Altus Oklahoma
    My husband called me five times yesterday while we sat there and watched the phone it rang once ya 1 time. GRRRRR

11. gkeppel

gkeppel Lurker
    None

Jun 5, 2011
    emd023,

Your problem is not the phone. The Mesmerize is a great phone. The problem is with Samsung and their update. They are working on it and US Cellular is not telling people about the problems for some unknown reason.

I had the same problems. Take your phone into US Cellular and they can do a quick rollback to Android 2.1 using their computer and your problems will be over with the missed calls and several other problems.

A few hints on phone use. Turn off the automatic "sync" and "background downloading" for the phone. That was eating my battery big time. Also turn off the sync feature in your mail program and do that manually too. My gmail was constantly fetching mail.

Also, be sure to shut down all running programs when not using the phone. There an app for that. If you don't have it, it's free at the app store.

Another thing, If you want Google earth or maps to be accurate be sure to turn on GPS. If you use triangulation from the cell signal you will be off by 1/2 mile or more.

It's truly a great phone, but the update to 2.2 sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!