1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

wtf so much bloatware on my phone!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xintensex, Nov 1, 2013.

1. xintensex

xintensex Well-Known Member

Cant remove shit from these phones grrr i really hate when Verizon does this now this is why I would root my phone !! Phone would be so much faster too smfh :mad:

Advertisement

2. Goodspike

Goodspike Android Expert

Actually, with the exception of turning off some of the Samsung features, I don't think most of the bloatware has much impact on speed because little of it is actually running. Bloatware and Samsung features do take up a lot of space though.

3. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

One man's bloat is anothers must have, however I have to agree it should be up to the user what to put on their device not their carrier. The more I hear about what all the US networks do from contracts through to "bloatware" I'm glad I'm living in the UK for the purpose of using a smartphone and having a contract with one of it's networks. I think we have it pretty good.

4. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert

you can disable carrier bloatware without root, but it wont make your phone faster

5. xintensex

xintensex Well-Known Member

Hey Thx guys for the help I might just have to Root :D

6. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert

rooting and removing the bloatware wont make it any faster either

7. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert

There is almost no advantage in removing so-called bloatware. As the posters above have clearly stated, doing so will not make your phone any faster and removing software willy nilly has caused some people significant problems.

8. Goodspike

Goodspike Android Expert

And rooting can cause issues too.

Unless software is doing something, it does not slow down a computer, particularly where the computer does not use a mechanical drive, as is the case with smartphones.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews