• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WTF VERIZON!!!! i pay u way to much to do this!

sx4dude2013

Android Expert
Jul 15, 2010
Georgia
So i have the Droid x. Love it compared to my blackberry Bold 9650. I do have one issue. On my earpiece there is a buzzing/distortion in the earpiece speaker. REALLY??? Thats what I get on a device valued @ like $600 or something?

OK. Life happens. no big deal. new products are ALWAYS going to have some issues.I UNDERSTAND THAT.. So i called *611. They said to go to a corp. store and to have a Tech suppport rep look @ the device and to verify the problem. Ok. No big deal. I go to the store and explain the issue...then they decided to do a bettery pull? The the rep listens and says "I do hear the buzzing sound at increased levels, just turn the phone down and it goes away"......WTF!!! HELL NO!! So i reply....okay. Thank you and Good bye. He understands there is an issues with the device, but tells me to turn it down? NOT COOL.

And i didnt stay to argue because i didnt have all night. i was @ work 11 hrs today (which is a lot for me, a 17 yr old)...so i was ready to get home.

I emailed vzw explaining that i was dissatisfied with there service and that we (my family) pay way to much money to be treataed with "not so great" service. I hope to hear back soon. If not i will try another coorporarte store this weekend.

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO HANDLE VZW BEING STURBBORN?

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD HORRIABLE CS?

1) call vzw customer service tech support and talk to them directly
2) please use paragraph breaks in your posts. they're hard to read without them.

Thank you.

LOL @ #2......You were in my head.

Back on track. Just sign a new contract and get the X. You wont regret it. But i would just do it through VZW customer service to make sure you can get the insurance and they are just easier to deal with. VZW customer care have always been good to me!

Upvote 0
2) please use paragraph breaks in your posts. they're hard to read without them.

Thank you.

This. I would almost prefer it if you practiced on this a bit more before posting again.

To be quite frank, I've never had good experience with in-store techies. Most of them look like they'd rather be shot in the face than assist you with "another problem". I can't tell you how many times I was turned away when requesting a replacement device (my Storm 1), even when I had insurance.

As Steven suggested, call tech support and have them walk you through the problem. More than likely they will just request a replacement device.

Upvote 0
UPDATE: called vzw....explained the situation. the guy in tech support was very helpful. he verifyed that the device.needed.to be.replaced. gave me sales number i think? i called and explained that i need to order a replacement device.
she kindly explained to me that i needed to pay for the device again and when they received the replacement phone it would be credited back :( nxt bill is gonna be high.
she said it SHOULD ship ON or BEFORE Aug. 3. i can't wait and i hope the earpiece works well.......

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones