• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Androider93

Sep 27, 2010
So far I LOVE this phone. but one thing that has me frustarated is my battery life seems to drain real fast. I only have LP installed, NO live wallpapers, I constantly end all tasks in the task manager, and just have like a facebook widget and twitter widget on my homescreen..... I was really looking forward to having an awesome battery life but I just haven't gotten it yet.

So far I LOVE this phone. but one thing that has me frustarated is my battery life seems to drain real fast. I only have LP installed, NO live wallpapers, I constantly end all tasks in the task manager, and just have like a facebook widget and twitter widget on my homescreen..... I was really looking forward to having an awesome battery life but I just haven't gotten it yet.
ending tasks uses more battery power than letting things idle in the background where they use no cpu/battery power at all. Widgets can use a lot of battery life too depending on sync frequency

Upvote 0

What do you consider poor battery life? How long do you get out of a charge?

Upvote 0
What made you think you would get awesome battery life?

Do you text a lot?

The screen is the biggest draw, probably doesn't help that you're playing with your new toy all the time.

The fact that everyone is saying that they have a great battery life. I only get like 5 hours maybe of medium use before its at 15%. I guess I'll remove all the widgets and stuff then -.-

Upvote 0
The fact that everyone is saying that they have a great battery life. I only get like 5 hours maybe of medium use before its at 15%. I guess I'll remove all the widgets and stuff then -.-

great advice by the above poster all

-check what settings you keep your screen on (the brighter obviously more batt drain)

-personally i never sync fb, twitter etc...big drain imo

-more widgets, more power

-do you live in a bad 3g area? if your phone is always searching for 3g it will MURDER your battery life....my wife works in like the 1 bad 3g area in our county and if she doesnt switch to 2g or turn off data at work her battery wont make it through the day

really a lot of us get through the day even with a lot of use (granted many of us on custom kernels) with plenty of juice to spare :D

Upvote 0
No custom kernel, just a straight up stock SF with VZW bloatware removed. I only auto-sync my google account. Brightness stays at about 30-40%. Haptic feedback OFF. BW weather clock on the home screen and a couple toggles for vibrate/silent are my only widgets. No over or underclocking, my phone is bone stock, minus the bloatware.

I typically spend 2-3 hours phone time, 20-30 emails, a least 2 dozen texts, anywhere from 2-6 hours of MP3 streaming or playing - and I went to bed last night after my phone was on for 14 hours at 80% full. No that is not a joke. Widgets, AutoSync, brightness, and constantly having the screen on will KILL YOUR BATTERY. Keep GPS and Wifi off unless you are actively using them - Google locations is more than fine for casual lookups and location awareness.

Last week when the phone was new I ran music for 8 HOURS with the screen off - it had virtually no impact on battery life. One thing I've noticed, if you use speakerphone, make sure to turn off the screen with the power button or that will suck you battery dry in a matter of minutes!

I don't feel like I'm "compromising" my smart phone at all, just using some SOP when it comes to keeping smart phones juiced up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones