1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Wtf?!?!?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pontiac Z, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Pontiac Z

Pontiac Z Lurker
    None

Sep 26, 2011
    This morning I woke up, sent a text at 6:58 am and then tried again at 7:20 ish. Didn't work. I have 3 bars and have tried many times and each time it fails. I don't have the little green and red up and down arrows right beside the signal bars but I have bars. wtf is happening? I keep trying right now but it still isn't working:mad::thinking::mad::thinking::mad:

Advertisement

2. surlypoker

surlypoker Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 13, 2011

My captivate did that right before it died... Had to resend message a bunch before it would go through... Dont know how u can fix it though sorry...

3. Lombardi

Lombardi Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    Call your 3g carrier

4. smsnglvr

smsnglvr Lurker
    None

Aug 31, 2011
    Hold the lock button until the little menu pops up and make sure data is activated

5. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX

I had this problem on my captivate as well. Sometimes though i could send but not receive then other times I couldn't send but would get texts. Only thing I found that fixed it was a new sim card. Then it was problem free until it would start again. I would say in the 6 months I had the phone i went thru 3 Sims.

As for data being on that should only matter for picture messages not regular texts.

I just got my husband an infuse he should be getting it in the mail tomorrow. Hoping he doesn't end up with this issue or its going right back.

6. surlypoker

surlypoker Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    Well mine was different... I know it was water damage... Would just have to keep resending til it went through..

7. smashed

smashed Newbie
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    IT Consultant -
    Santa Monica,CA
    First thing - it could be the network. Ask a friend to send txt back to you, and see it it arrives properly. If it does then it the network is ruled out and you can go ahead and troubleshoot your phone.

If its your phone, then try this..
    Go to the Messaging application, click on menu and clear data. This clears all the background junk that has been gathering. Try results again..

If not, I have to opologize ahead of time, backup and hard reset. This has always worked - you might be getting texts from weeks back!!