• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2prevail

Android Enthusiast
May 29, 2012
Please excuse my language everyone but why in the great world of **** is the kyocera milano on 4.1. It originally launched with 2.3.4 but according to Boost it is now on 4.1 Jelly Bean only months after its release. I am not sure if this information is correct or not but if it is not that all I can do is attempt to pick my jaw off the ground. That phone is a bit more than half the power house the force is so how in the world did they do it (or are doing it o_O). Its moments like this that make me wish that this phone was made by somebody else. I was fine with waiting but the Milano has just sparked something inside that says enough is enough. I'm considering buying a galaxy nexus and flashing to boost. At least then I'll have vanilla 4.2.2! http://www.boostmobile.com/shop/phones/#/ here's the link to look for yourselves...

Did you notice how before you click on the phone how it tells you the android version and 3G. That's what I'm seeing, I did see 2.3.6 though. Possible update coming maybe?

From 2.3 to 4.1?

I can't recall a company updating a phone and skipping so many updates in between. I also don't think it could run 4.1 smoothly with 800mhz processor and 512 mb of RAM

Its more likely just a typo/glitch on the website.

Upvote 0
I see what your saying

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373945018538.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373945018538.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
I hope so, but what would you guys think if it is/were true

I've seen when manufacturers/carriers push an update (4.0+) to a phone that can't really handle it.

They usually end up here on the forums asking how to go back to gingerbread! :eek:

Saw a post just today of someone wanting to go back from gingerbread to froyo. Higher android versions aren't always better :thumbup:

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
I've seen when manufacturers/carriers push an update (4.0+) to a phone that can't really handle it.

They usually end up here on the forums asking how to go back to gingerbread! :eek:

Saw a post just today of someone wanting to go back from gingerbread to froyo. Higher android versions aren't always better :thumbup:

Our phone can handle 4.2.2 if it got the update, better than most other phones out there. But Jelly Bean is gonna take a while to get to us

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones