1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support wustion about running tasks I have on my android.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nick-Bit, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Nick-Bit

Nick-Bit Member
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    Ok,s so I decided not to to use a task killer app to end running tasks to free up space on the phone, instead im going to use the built in 2.2 feature. Now, my question is when I go into this from setting and manage application, I notice a few weird things named: com.android.provider.applications, com.android.provider.userdictionary, PVWmdrmService, and PVMtpServiceStar. What are these things and are they cool to keep going? Also, if I want a app to stop working, do I do Fore stop? Is this even necessary?

Also, I noticed that my auto rotate has been acting up. Like, its not doing it alot of times. Im worried that my Phone got a virus or something, can anyone help eliviate my worrys?

Advertisement

2. bigtoysrock

bigtoysrock Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    Welder
    Leander, TX
    First autorotate, inspires are know for this issue. Lock the phone wait a few and try again if no go, reboot and all better.
    Second, yes force close. But only if its an app. There will be weird things like that running, they are ok. You shouldn't need to go in there but just to look. Like sometimes my gps icon is up on the status bar even if its off. So I look to see why.

Hope this helps.

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

It sounds like your device is loaded up with too many apps/widgets and the services it takes to keep them all running. You may also have too much background updating going on, as well as syncing of things such as Facebook, Gmail, etc.

I'd make a list of only the things I truly needed, and pare down the rest, either by removing them via the application manager, or by doing manual syncing and updating rather than having them configured to autosync, etc.

These are great devices, these Androids. But I think we get too confident in them with regard to the available resources, so we run into trouble. It usually happens so gradually, a bit more with each added widget, etc, that we don't notice until it's too late. ;)

You're on the right track, just keep at it. And never remove a file that you don't know what the function of it is. Just leave them be for now, perhaps google their name and read about them.

2.2 allows for transferring some things to the SD card. My habit is to do that on everything that "move to sd card" is not greyed out (on my Galaxy Tab). That frees up space in device storage quite quickly and easily.

4. Nick-Bit

Nick-Bit Member
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    Whats the lock button? Just press the power button once?