• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root WW 4.4 issue

You can have your screen time out set to "never"? I never saw that, also wouldn't that kill battery life?

Once you change the setting. Just set it super high like 30 minutes. If that is your issue you should notice a difference. The prox sensor should disable it.

Have you tested the sensor to see if it is working ? I ask this because if it doesn't work to start with, the screen is definitely timing out. Just make a call and put your thumb across the top of your phone while in call and see if the screen turns off.

Upvote 0
No. that would do more worse than good.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Seems like I am the bad advice genie of late !! But hey that's why you build the roms and not me. :cool:

Sorry. Short replies because I'm on my phone. That would flash another kernel that is no longer used. Its only for the few people that can't do anything at all with their touchscreen.
Not a big deal, but only for a couple of people
Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones