1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

WW app food bar code scanner won't focus

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CARL BIRT, Apr 15, 2021.

1. CARL BIRT

CARL BIRT Lurker

My wife got a galaxy s21 5g and the Weight Watchers app has a food bar code scanner to enter your food choices. The problem she is experiencing is that the camera scanner in the app rarely focuses to bring the bar code in clear stark definition. We've tried using the flash, and general better lighting. Nothing seems to work. Has anyone else had the same issue? Any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

wipe cache and data for the app and/or uninstall and then re-install the app.

sullencab and Dannydet like this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Yeh, try clearing data and cache for the WW app, and re-install if necessary. But if still no joy, it could be an issue with the app on the Galaxy S21 the devs need to fix. Can't test it on my device of course, as I don't have a WW account.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. sullencab

sullencab Well-Known Member

Right, clearing data and cache or uninstall reinstall then reboot.

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. CARL BIRT

CARL BIRT Lurker

Cleared the cache, and then Uninstaller and reinstalled. All no good. The way it behaves is that you might scan one time with no problem but then it just won't focus no matter what I do. The bar code appears fuzzy.

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Assuming the camera focusses correctly for other apps, it sounds like an issue with the app running on the S21 that the WW devs need to fix, possibly with an update. Might be worth you emailing them and enquiring about it.

ironass and ocnbrze like this.
  7. This happened to me recently, and it was just my hand not being able to stop moving. I tried resting the phone onto something and it worked.

Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G release date was 29 January. Features and Specs include a 6.7" inch screen, 64MP camera, 8GB RAM, Snapdragon 888 or Exynos 2100 processor, and 4800mAh battery.

29 January
Release Date
Reviews