• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

X loses to the Incredible in 1 aspect.

thecrock0984

Apr 30, 2010
Villa Rica, Ga
You guys on the X board are slackers. The Incredible guys are on there helping each other out. Showing off layouts. Talking Launcher Pro. Not as much activity on these boards. Whoever monitors these boards wont even STICKY a thread on layouts, apps, widgets and what not to be easily accessed by us. Come on board monitors and members. Lets step up these X Boards! Show the Incredible guys we are passionate about our phone too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, keep in mind that there are a lot of us ex-DInc (or soon to be whenever our phones get here...but I digress) who will be joining in more and more in the DX forums. The DInc has had an (dare I say it...) incredibly active community for awhile...just look at how long the official thread is/was before it was locked. Have to admit to going through most of those pages myself...just wish the phone had lived up to the hype. And I'm hoping the same of my soon to arrive DX.

The forums will find their own "rhythm". I check back on the DInc forums from time to time b/c of good tips, etc. In reality, some of that could be in the main Android threads but it's all good. This is the best Android community. :)

(almost feeling the need for a cyber-group-hug...but I'll refrain)

Have to say, love LPP, tho.

Upvote 0
I think I have been looking around Pal. But itd be nice for the monitors to sticky a thread about Layouts, Widgets, Apps and such in one thread. Easy to locate and we all can help each other. Just sucks to know cant count on much from these boards.

Why not contact mods about this? Why the need for another thread that will surely be lost in a dozen more like it soon enough?

I'm not going to lie, I have no idea what you are really getting at with this thread? Is this suppose to be like a "Thread Rally"?

As others have said, the device has only been out for a week, and unfortunately there are still alot of users/members who are waiting on the actual device to arrive. Not to mention, I get the feeling this device has converted alot of iPhone/BB/Etc. users to the Android side, and a majority of them are still trying to get use to the OS.

Just give it some time.

Upvote 0
OP: Please be aware that this sub-forum is very young. The Incredible forum is older and had a much greater following due to the Incredible's position as being a truly great 1ghz processor phone coming to verizon.

Give us time. I'm sure your commitment to the group will help us to grow. I don't think a critical spirit goes very far in making friends and encouraging a community feeling, however. ;)

Upvote 0
I.understand what the op is saying. But like others stated, today is now the one week anniversary of the release of the x

Check out the droid forums....i was a former owner and that community does wonders for all of their members

The eris community has had quite a share of issues with the device and they have all helped each other out, myself included

Even the evo community is helpful albeit a little too touchy but they have a great community

What i am saying is you can't gauge our community in comparison to others because we haven't much time on the block

There are very few issues yet to be reported as of now and it doesn't have root access

I think from the former inc users and some guys from the droid community being here within a month this thread will be tight knit and talkative community

Upvote 0
You want that stuff sticked and I am the exact oppostie. I do not want anymore than the 2 stickies we have now. I really hate boards I go to that have 10-15 stickied threads, and once it starts where does it stop?
There is a tips and tricks section just for that and if it was stickied there it would not be bad but on the main forum no thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones