• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

X ship date doesn't mean anything

Were you guys charged prior to the phone shipping? I order in store on Friday and was told a ship date by 7/23 however I was charged on the 16th.

I thought it was common to not charge prior to ship.

Yes, I bought two phones on 7/17 and was charged for both of them.

I wish someone from Verizon would make a statement so we know exactly where the stock stands.

I leave for vacation the 30th and want this phone before I leave. I do not want to be stuck with AT&T while on vacation.

Upvote 0
I purchased online Friday 7-16-10 after calling around every possible Verizon store in the area....everyone was out the day after it launched. :( Now reading this thread I have no idea when it will be here.

Do you have to sign for the phone when delivered? If so, does it have to be the person that ordered it? My girlfriend will be home all day while I am at work.

Nobody needs to be there to physically sign for it. It requires an indirect signature. This can be as simple as a note on the door with your name, tracking number and signature telling them to leave the package.

Upvote 0
To update my previous post in this thread, I did receive a call back from the CSR Supervisor about 30 minutes ago. That was kind of shocking in and of itself. She wanted to let me know that my order status had changed. It was still on hold when I talked to her at 9:00 a.m. this morning since the distribution center in Memphis had no stock. But the order now has been processed and released. No shipping information is available yet she told me, but she said she would keep me updated.

I guess this is good and stock from Moto is on the way. At least I hope so. I'm tired of reading about what everyone is doing with their new Droid X. I want to join the fun, but have no phone yet.

Update: just got tracking on my replacement phone. It left Memphis at 1:00 p.m. today. Maybe my calling and ranting with the supervisor did some good after all. :)

Reactions: rmreid
Upvote 0
Update: just got tracking on my replacement phone. It left Memphis at 1:00 p.m. today. Maybe my calling and ranting with the supervisor did some good after all. :)
Congrats however reading this ticks me off even more as I cant even get my 1st one that I ordered on the 15th in the AM and I live 35 miles outside of Memphis :mad:
Note: I called after reading this post and was told on or before the 27th :mad:

Upvote 0
rmreid, I can say I feel your pain. In your case, it sounds like Verizon just screwed your order up and when it got corrected you got screwed since they had none left. It does appear some are slowly trickling back in the the DC though. I hope you get it sooner.

It does look like I will have to wait until Thursday to get it though. The telesales lady chose 2 day shipping and now the ETA shows 7/22. But at least I know it is now on the way and the biggest frustration of not knowing is now over. I just pray I don't get a lemon again.

Upvote 0
The ship date verizon give you doesn't mean anything. I ordered my droid x
Saturday morning they told me it would ship on th 27th of July. Well I just got off of the phone with vzw and it already shipped will be here on Wednesday just thought I would let everyone know it could arrive alot early then they say

Obviously seeing how it says by a certain date which all that means is that is the latest you should receive it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones