1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General x to the bionic anyone??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by deekum1627, Sep 8, 2011.

1. deekum1627

deekum1627 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 14, 2010
    Male
    arizona
    so whoever went from the droid x to the bionic i would love to compare since im intrested in getting the bionic. how the new casing and how is the new blur compared to the old. is it worth the switch or shold i try to hold out for the vigor?

Advertisement

2. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Android Expert
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    Student
    Georgia
    Is it worth the switch.....yes IMHO.
    It is a DIFFERENT phone so it does take some getting used too.
    The capactive touch buttons take getting used to, the screen is "different", not in a bad way, just different.
    LOVE the mirror mode for Netflix, but it does appear to have a small bug.
    It seems very snappy and a solid device. Overall im glad i made the switch :)
    Time will tell!

3. 1up5dn

1up5dn Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 29, 2010
    Male
    Chandler, AZ
    I made the switch and am actually surprised with how much more I like the Bionic. The capacitive buttons have caught me out a couple of times, but overall this phone seems to be much higher quality in every way. Really glad I made the trek to Costco today!

4. Bowslayer

Bowslayer Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 27, 2010
    Ive had mine for about 20 minutes. Ill get back to ya on that.:D

5. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Android Expert
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    Northern VA
    I'm very interested in this as I have a DX and I hate it. It's laggy, buggy, slow, freezes, and generally fails, even after the recent update to 2.3.3. I'm tired of terrible battery life (I use the phone a LOT and generally recharge 2x per day and then overnight), pressing one phone number and getting another, etc.

I'm interested in hearing comparisons on battery life as well as features.

Thanks!

6. Darkhawk_76

Darkhawk_76 Member
    None

Sep 8, 2011
    Auditor
    Southern Illinois
    Loved my Droid X. Been using my Bionic since 10am. Only a few minor issues, one the crackle sound on Netflix movies, the bezel had a small recess to it and may be a dirt magnet, and the pentile display. At first it was very noticable but now its not so bad. If they fix the Netflix sound issue soon ill be one happy Bionic user. Very fast, feels good in the hands and weighs roughly the same maybe a tad bit lighter even.

7. hunterwrot

hunterwrot Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 1, 2011
    Grassy Gator Lawn Care
    St. Augustine, FL
    I had the x and I love this so far. I loved my dx also but I think this thing flies. Unfortunately, the biggest reason I made the switch was for 4g and unlike on the coverage site I don't get 4g at my house.

8. seethesvt

seethesvt Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 27, 2010
    Just got it. Can't wait to root it.

9. seethesvt

seethesvt Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 27, 2010
    App download speed compared to the x, wow!

10. Nuar

Nuar Member
    None

Sep 16, 2010
    I switched to a bionic from the X and i couldnt be happier! This thing is FAST! the interface, the internet connection. For some odd reason i even love to type on this thing while on the X ive always had problems. Maybe because i tried typing too fast and now this phone keeps up with my fingers lmao.

11. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert
    None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    My KM threw his DX today after it locked up on him, does that count?

12. Mother

Mother Newbie
    None

Aug 25, 2010
    Orlando
    I'm going from the X to the Bionic as well and have a question regarding the 16gb microSD cards...

Is there any difference (class, speed, etc) between the one that came in my X and the one that comes installed in the Bionic?

If not, then I will just switch them before I sell the X instead of copying files from one to the other... I just want to make sure I'm not screwing myself out of a better card by doing that.

Anybody know?

13. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Android Expert
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    Student
    Georgia
    I thnk they are both class 4 16 GB :)
    Shouldnt be a problem

14. jr0065

jr0065 Well-Known Member
    None

I noticed that too. 27MB angry birds download? Not a problem! .. The 4G so far seems just as fast, if not faster, than WiFi.

15. jr0065

jr0065 Well-Known Member
    None

They appear to be exactly the same. I just switched my memory cards out as well.

16. Doit2it

Doit2it Android Expert
    None

Oct 23, 2009
    Male
    FedEx... yea, those guys
    Nashville, TN
    I have a Droid X and am considering the Bionic, but I have a quick question.

I was going thru the order online and they remove these two features from my 450 individual talk/text plan during the order:
    NATIONAL ACCESS ROAMING
    GENERAL IP NAT ADDRESS PDA $0

What are they, and why are they removed?
    My best guess is because the Bionic is a 4G only phone (no 3G fallback) and these are 3G options on my current phone.

Any ideas, please help.

BTW: I played with one at a Verizon corporate store today. Very snappy on home screen nav and app loading. And 4G in Nashville, TN market...unbelievable! Twitpic (yes, WiFi was off!)

collett likes this.
  17. deekum1627

None

Jul 14, 2010
    Male
    arizona
    well i played with it yesterday at the store a little bit and wow blur is so much more polished then ever before its great. im shocked how smooth and fast it is. i would def get this phone if it had a better screen bc all these hd screens coming out i think i wanna wait to see how they look. should only be another month for the vigor to come out. but the bionic is a freaking great phone im very impressed with how smooth the new blur is .

18. jmorton10

jmorton10 Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2010
    For anyone thinking of buying the Bionic, make sure you don't have a coworker with a Droid Charge. Today, we compared my rooted and ROM flashed Droid Charge to my bosses new Bionic and he is returning the Bionic on Monday. The screen on the Bionic looks rather pathetic next to the incredible Charge screen.

With the mods to the Charge it is every bit as smooth and fast as the Bionic also. I could return my Charge and get the Bionic if I wanted to at this point (it would cost more, but I don't care about that) but after seeing them side by side I wouldn't swap for free. The Binonic really does look pretty lame next to the AMOLED Charge.

At this point, if I didn't already have a phone I would either buy the Charge or wait a
    while for a phone like the Bionic but with a better screen.

~John

19. jmorton10

jmorton10 Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2010
    By the way, I also have a DroidX sitting here that I bought the day VZ released them. I always loved that phone, it has GB with Liberty ROM and LPP Plus installed and never had the slightest problem with it.

~John

20. deekum1627

None

Jul 14, 2010
    Male
    arizona

the samsung screen is better then any other screen out there right now so you cant compare screens. bionic is a better phone tho overal besides the screen

21. jmorton10

jmorton10 Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2010
    So what makes it better overall??

~John

22. Doit2it

Doit2it Android Expert
    None

Oct 23, 2009
    Male
    FedEx... yea, those guys
    Nashville, TN
    Nevermind, I found the answer. It's basically semantics. They replaced the above two with these respectively:
    USA ONLY NO ROAM - $0
    DYNAMIC-PRIVATE IP

23. HadouGhost

HadouGhost Android Expert
    None

Feb 14, 2010

lol fanboy alert! You know what the funny thing is? You had to root and do lag fixes and overclocks and mods to get it to be, in your words, 'every bit as smooth and fast as the bionic'' The bionic and D3 stock blow the Charge away. Super AMOLED oooo ahh! a screen is nice but without a sufficient phone to back it up, its nothing more than a pretty screen.

Plus, to be quite honest, i like how pentile works, looks, and displays.

24. tcd1014

tcd1014 Newbie
    None

Jul 21, 2010
    I bought the Bionic yesterday after having an X for the past year. I have had none of the issues with the X that I have read about. It never froze, rebooted, or anything else. I used it stock on each update, 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3. I also used Apex on each. Apex made the X so much better than stock. Smooth, fast and great battery life. My son has an Incredible and my wife has a Fascinate. The X is so much better than both of those. As for the Bionic, so far I am impressed. It feels like a supercharged X on Apex. Fast and smooth. 4g is so fast. Apps download and install fast, web pages load quickly. I have had no bugs or quirks so far. Time will tell on how the battery performs. I would not hesitate upgrading to the Bionic from an X. Just my opinion.

25. jmorton10

jmorton10 Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2010

LOL, I guess youre obligated to say that but not many people will agree with that......

The pentile screen is the Bionics biggest downfall and what will have people waiting on the next best phone to come out.