1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General x1 vs. x2, use an upgrade?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by boatman, Jun 2, 2011.

1. boatman

boatman Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 19, 2009
    I need to get a new phone. I don't need LTE, or at least I don't think so.

(I live in boston so I can use lte, I just don't know where I would use it that make much difference, I use email, texting, facebook, music, occassional browising. If I was using lots of streaming, it would make a diff, but I currently do don't that)
    I do like the 4.3 screens. I have an upgrade. I was looking at the x2, charge, and new lg revo.

I use the phone for my music and have read the x2 has playback issues?

Then I thought why not get a x1 off of craigslist.

For those who have the x1, would you use an upgrade to get the x2, or go lte with a new phone or just x1 used?

Advertisement

2. rushmore

rushmore Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    How much is a DX1 from VZW as a refurb? That way, you have a one year warranty and the device looks like new.

If the music issues were fixed, the DX2 would be the best route. You might want to wait a few weeks and then if not fixed, get the DX1- IF music is you number ONE priority.

The DX2 sounds much better IMO than the DX1. The Tegra 2 has very good sound features that make the current pop & skip issues even more frustrating.

3. boatman

boatman Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 19, 2009
    i was under the impression that the refurbs used an upgrade. Is that not correct?

4. rushmore

rushmore Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    Yes, but I was referring to buying it for refurb full price.

Then again, you can get the DX2 for $449 without losing an upgrade.

Suggest waiting to see if the skipping issue is reduced or eliminated. The DX2 has enough new stuff to warrant a purchase over the DX1, even with $150 price gap- IF the extra power and better display are valued more than your concerns for music skips (assuming they do not go away).

5. Dubie220

Dubie220 Newbie
    None

Sep 25, 2010
    I called verizon a few times and went into the store once trying to get a deal on a d1. long story short they told me full price 399 on a new and refurb. So i bought one on ebay. which turned out to be one that had been reported lost or stolen. when verizon told me i could not activate the phone she then offered me a refurb at 229. (which is what i wanted in the first place). so now while waiting to get money back on ebay phone I just bought the dx2.
    so if you get the right person at verizon they will deal on the d1