1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support X10 2.1 Update - Issues/Problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rosered, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Joefloater

Joefloater Newbie
    None

May 26, 2010
    Canada
    I would like to retire this issue once and for all. The screen brightness overall in 2.1 is better than in 1.6 there I said it, marginally better in brightness and way better in colour. What I did was this, both my wife and I have X10, mine on 2.1 Nordic and hers still on 1.6. I went to Android Market screen (lots of whites) and compared them side by side. It was no contest 2.1 was a tad brighter and the whites were way whiter, in fact the whites in 1.6 looked like antique yellow in comparison. Both phones were set at their respective 100%. The wife and kids all agreed that my 2.1 screen colour and brightness was better. At work the next day I compared my 2.1 to two different friends 1.6 and asked about a dozen peoples opinions. They all said the 2.1 phone looked way better. I will concede that the lack of an auto feature sucks for some although mine has been set at 100% since day 1, battery be damned!

So on a final note: Unless you can repeat what I have done and get different results can we please consider the subject closed. Thank You.:cool:

Advertisement

2. mcazares7

mcazares7 Lurker
    None

Aug 25, 2010
    Im having a really weird problem. i use handcent sms for my messaging and turn off all notification of the stock sms. everytime i receive a text, i get the alert from handcent but then i also get some stupid icon in the status bar that says i have a new message. ive even tried clicking on the notification and it does nothing. anyone have any ideas bout whats goin on?? Its very annoying. the only way i can clear it from the status bar is to click the clear button.

3. FitzysX10

FitzysX10 Member
    None

May 27, 2010

Quoting myself again, sorry !

I ended up having to reflash the world generic FW this morning, and surprise surprise, the Market worked again. Not sure but one of the files in "system..."said UK, and when I opened MAPS it offered saving to xxx.google.uk, and I couldn't signin to "TALK", it just kept hanging. I think I exhausted all the option for a Market -fuk-up fix.

Maybe something to do with hemispheres (COMPASS, MAGNET - etc ???)

I had no sooner finished re-installing my apps with Titanium when my receptionish called me about a package....

Got my HTC Desire HD today.

While on charge for about 3hrs I decided to turn on - temp root - TB backup, then moved onto some app installing.

Sorry to say, but from an out of the box phone it shits all over my X10 - 2.1, i gave my X10 to my 7yr old tonight to play angry birds, he loved it cause he had "Dad's work phone", even though he has 3 PSP's that also shit on it.

Good luck fella's. Mine's for sale. I have enjoyed the early 2.1 Nordic -> World Generic hack that sees me well ahead of most in OZ, but as I said, out of the box today, the HTC D HD with 2.2 is killa.

Now I have just gotta work out how to parse my login and google email addy to fitzysHTCDHD.....

Must set my fav to another forum (Spencer UK)

Cheers

Fitzy

typed almost flawlessly (except for spelling mistakes) with Internet pass-through.

4. madmurdoch

madmurdoch Member
    None

Oct 17, 2010
    Newcastle, UK
    Tried that too but Talk wouldn't even open. It's all sorted now though, thanks.

5. madmurdoch

madmurdoch Member
    None

Oct 17, 2010
    Newcastle, UK
    Try turning it back on and sending yourself a message - do you get 3 notifications?

Have you got another mail program?

6. Gurba

Gurba Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    Male
    Norway

Have nobody else tried Inserty with 2.1?

7. Jack_d

Jack_d Lurker
    None

Jun 4, 2010
  8. chris221273

chris221273 Newbie
    None

May 8, 2010
    I have read through these 2 pages of comments/ideas.solutions etc etc and does anyone else think that, for a

9. CuBz

CuBz Android Expert
    None

Sep 21, 2010
    Website Programmer
    UK

This could be an envelope with an @ symbol over it (New email)
    or it could be a square with 2 round arrows on it (problem with sync or sign in)

10. alex_ncfc

alex_ncfc Member
    None

Aug 1, 2010
    UK
    Did you find a way to solve this? The sound/vibrate/silent button on the widget was one of my most used features in 1.6. I don't want to have to trawl through the menus each time I want to set my phone to silent and vibrate!

11. Russ_c

Russ_c Lurker
    None

Nov 5, 2010
    London, UK
    Re above widget called status switch will do the trick :)

I`m having the market problem since updating and can`t get into anything. Have tried all the usual tricks (the ones i can do on 2.1) and nothing.

Anything out for this issue on 2.1?

12. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 9, 2010
    Aylmer, Quebec
    I use the side buttons... it's not perfect but it's faster than going through the menus.

13. marioc5198

marioc5198 Newbie
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    Student
    Mexico City, Mex.
    I have a problem with my xperia, i'm unable to connect to any new wifi, it always show "Error", anyone?

14. madmurdoch

madmurdoch Member
    None

Oct 17, 2010
    Newcastle, UK

ajlm2000, mae5tr0 and jackx10 like this.
  15. chris221273

chris221273 Newbie
    None

May 8, 2010

The iphone might be chunky, but try sitting side by side with someone who's got one and go on the net.

Having told my mate how awesome and fast it was, we sat side by side, going on the net, ebay etc etc..............and i was so ashamed.

The x10 is pants.........slow and not full of android excitement!!!

16. P-J-G

P-J-G Lurker
    None

Nov 6, 2010
    The SEUS updated my X10i yesterday. Though (thankfully) I have not had many of the problems listed above to contend with, I have only one major query at the moment.

The phone-book appears to have lost the option from the menu button of 'display group'. It now appears you have to go through a list unchecking and rechecking boxes in a menu accessed from a button to the top left of the search input. Which is a pain.

Does anyone know if there is a quicker way to display a group of contacts, or even create a group on the phone? If not, are there any decent free phone-book apps that can be recommended?

It seems odd that such a useful function would be discontinued or made that much harder, but that's the nature of software updates, I suppose.

Thanks for helping me out.

PJG

17. alex_ncfc

alex_ncfc Member
    None

Aug 1, 2010
    UK
    Many thanks for this. Why one earth SE have two widgets for these controls is beyond me. Have to say I hate the way Status Switch cannot sit centrally on the screen, really bugs me, but that's me being picky!

I have another problem or should I say observation though - why have all my contacts now got two mobile numbers listed, both the same, but still, seems very odd? It's frustrating because when I go to call someone, it asks me which number I want to ring, even though they are the same number!

Is this anything to do with the Facebook syncing? How can I fix it?

Thanks

18. ChudleyOne

ChudleyOne Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 21, 2010
    Glendale, AZ

ajlm2000 and mae5tr0 like this.
  19. MxShow

MxShow Lurker
    None

Nov 6, 2010
    Ya i have the same doubt as you . I'm really new to this phone as yesterday i just bought this x10i (upgraded under SE service centre)....
    Pro
    - i have try out the youtube video and it seems to be better than the 1.6 one
    -I think the "HD video" is also improve
    Con
    -The brightness of the 2.1 is darker than 1.6 .
    -I think the battery flat easily too

20. dibberly

dibberly Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    since upgrading to 2.1, when i get in the car and the phone connects to the parott car kit i get the same noise coming through the speakers like i have a text message...its just saying its connected as when i look at the phone...no text message!!.

Is there anyway to stop this as its loud when i start the car and it goes off...i have updated the car kits FW to the latest but still the same

Thanks

21. Russ_c

Russ_c Lurker
    None

Nov 5, 2010
    London, UK
    Since i updated to 2.1 i couldn`t download anything from the market, it just sat there as downloading.

Spent the last 24 hours trying and trying different things but nothing worked.

So, eventually did phone reset, set up another g.mail account and tried again. It worked, downloaded straight away.

phone reset again and tried with my old google account and nothing downloaded. Reset and back into new one and hit an issue giving me a result.

It won`t download anything already listed in my gmail download list. Anything new downloads fine, anything in the list just hangs.

Does anyone know how i can reset my download list either in my gmail account or in the phone. I`m thinking that this should solve the solution for me (and hopefully anyone else with this issue)

EDIT**** clearing the market cache and download manager worked. Now up and running. Old email account doesn`t work at all though. Never mind!

22. madmurdoch

madmurdoch Member
    None

Oct 17, 2010
    Newcastle, UK
    H = HSDPA; better than 3g

High-Speed Downlink Packet Access - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

23. MrWomble

MrWomble Android Expert
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    Newcastle - UK
    You can "FORCE" the status switch widget to sit centrally if you use ADW Launcher as your homescreen instead of Sony's default

24. jsoaif

jsoaif Lurker
    None

Nov 7, 2010
    i synced my phonebook with facebook and some phone numbers got wiped out! i was like wtf. anyone can help?

25. morpheus2n2

morpheus2n2 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    Ok im not sure whats goin on here its not a really big deal as theres other apps I can use :)
    But for some reason since updating to 2.1 when I take a vid (namely HD) media scape wont show them as recent or even that I veiwed them.