• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

x10 force closes - stock messaging & contacts unresponsive

iggs85

Lurker
Mar 11, 2011
hi fellow x10/android users

just got my phone last week.

Unfortunately for some reason, the stock messaging and contacts apps are extremely slow and laggy - to the point where i've had to force close many times on these apps (all other apps work fine - unfortunately these basic ones i need the most are stuffing up)

error i get for messages

"Sorry!
Activity messaging (in application messaging) is not responding
FORCE CLOSE or WAIT
"

Any thoughts on what could be the problem? surely this isnt' normal?

thanks all

I would run a repair using either Sony Ericsson Update Service (ignore that it is for the Aspen phone, once you open the app on your PC you choose your correct handset)

Sony Ericsson - Support - Softwaredownloads - Detailed - Updateservice - Aspen?

or via PC Companion Support tab.

Whichever one you choose will reset your phone to factory settings and hopefully sort out the issue. You need to make sure your contacts are copied or synced. Any apps you can reinstall afterwards (I recommend Appbrain online and the app on your phone and then sync the two before the repair to retain a list of your current installed apps, then download the Appbrain app first when you get the phone going again and resync and reinstall them)

Upvote 0
500Mb HDD space!!!!! What the hell is this, my whole OS doesn't need that

And how would I go about this without a windows PC, These are effectively Linux devices, so why is it so difficult for the OEMs to produce something that can communicate with other Linux devices. This doesn't run in wine, so I guess my only option is a VM running win (for which I don't have any valid licences)

(BTW all friends and family are Linux too, as I'm tired of, and refuse to continually sort out win issues).

Upvote 0
500Mb HDD space!!!!! What the hell is this, my whole OS doesn't need that

And how would I go about this without a windows PC, These are effectively Linux devices, so why is it so difficult for the OEMs to produce something that can communicate with other Linux devices. This doesn't run in wine, so I guess my only option is a VM running win (for which I don't have any valid licences)

(BTW all friends and family are Linux too, as I'm tired of, and refuse to continually sort out win issues).

Yup.

I too work with Linux.

Once I got this phone I had to install dual boot on my laptop. No Mac users no Linux users.

Face it, Windows runs the software world and is still used by more than 90 percent of users.

VMWare won't detect USB ports properly....but I still haven't tried to use the flashtool under Linux using Wine. That might work....but for PC Companion and going through the Sony way of updating your phone, you NEED Windows xp or Windows 7 and I suggest not installing x64....it has been known to cause some problems too.

Here is the other way to update using flashtool:

http://androidforums.com/x10-all-things-root/449515-how-install-2-3-root.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones