1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

X10 min pro sms problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by markwallaker, Feb 9, 2011.

1. markwallaker

markwallaker Lurker

Hi everyone,

My x10 suddenly stopped showing messages in the message screen, both sent and received. they come up in the status bar but when i open up the conversation it is blank :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Cheers in advance

mark

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Roxoff

Roxoff Newbie

It's not full is it? I know it shouldn't really happen, but maybe you've got a huge list of messages and your SIM card can only handle up to a fixed number? Have you tried deleting some of the older messages to see what happens?

3. Corey.

Corey. Lurker

Messages are usually stored on the phone memory, usually there is a certain ammount they will get to and when they are full they usually don't come through or don't appear
    Do you have plenty of memory left on your phone ? If not try deleteing some things and see if it helps, if not it is likely to be a glitch in the phone and you may need to get it repaired.

4. rosered

rosered Android Expert

I use an app called SMS Backup and Restore, you can back your sms up to your SD but still be able to view them in the conversation style. It's free, so might be worth a go to clear out your SMS storage in the phone memory.

5. markwallaker

markwallaker Lurker

Cheers for your help,
    i managed to get round it by downloading handcent, i then decided i would back up everything and upgrade to 2.1

now it will not let me restore back the messages and contacts? is there a way of viewing those on a desktop for example?

6. rosered

rosered Android Expert

Did you install the new version of Backup and Restore before running the upgrade? The old one that came on the phone is not compatible with 2.1 which may be why its not working.

I don't think there is a way of getting the information back. The only other thing is did you ever sync your contacts with Google - the phones often do it when creating/signing in to your google account when you first set the phone up.

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews