• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

X10 mini (non pro) potential buyer, a few questions

colpolite

Oct 9, 2010
Hey Guys, looking to purchase the x10 mini 88 grams (non pro) because of its size/weight and design and i've got a couple of questions before i pull the trigger

A. Is the firmware update ( 1.6 to 2.1 ) anytime soon? Will it finally support bluetooth file transfer sending/receiving music/picture/ without using a software application?

B. Is there an offline mode on x10 mini so you can save battery while listening to mp3/watching vids or using gps nav?

C. Can X10 mini use gps without using internet data by preloading maps on the memory card? If i don't like to use Google maps, are there any gps
voice guided turn by turn navigation that is fully compatible with this phone that i could purchase Ex: TomTom, Garming, WisePilot?

D. Is this phone in any carrier in the United States? Reason I'm askin this is because i don't want to buy a branded subsidized phone. I'd rather buy a fresh unlocked/unbranded one. Any reputable online store/dealer that you guys can hook me up with?

Hello and Welcome to the Forum. I have an X10 large but I will answer the questions that are generic and hopefully others can add in their experience of the mini's.

A. Is the firmware update ( 1.6 to 2.1 ) anytime soon? Will it finally support bluetooth file transfer sending/receiving music/picture/ without using a software application?

The update is scheduled to start its roll out at the end of October and will get to you when you carrier has done what it wants with it but there are no hard and fast timetables for this. The phones run pretty well on 1.6 tho. You will need to download Bluetooth File Transfer app if you want full use of bluetooth until the update arrives.

B. Is there an offline mode on x10 mini so you can save battery while listening to mp3/watching vids or using gps nav?

You can put your phone in airplane mode if thats what you mean. I don't know if that will work with GPS navigation tho.

C. Can X10 mini use gps without using internet data by preloading maps on the memory card? If i don't like to use Google maps, are there any gps
voice guided turn by turn navigation that is fully compatible with this phone that i could purchase Ex: TomTom, Garming, WisePilot?

My UK phone came preloaded with Wisepilot in trial version so assume that would work on the phone, and I have also heard people with mini's talk highly of Copilot as well.

D. Is this phone in any carrier in the United States? Reason I'm askin this is because i don't want to buy a branded subsidized phone. I'd rather buy a fresh unlocked/unbranded one. Any reputable online store/dealer that you guys can hook me up with?

I'm in the UK so I will leave this to our Stateside friends to answer.

Hope some of the above helped.

Upvote 0
Any One Know How To Transfer Music To Other Mobiles Through Bluetooth ?

If you don't have the 2.1 upgrade yet then download an app from the Android Market called Bluetooth File Transfer, you can then use your phone to browse the other device and use the edit, copy and paste function to bring them onto your phone.

I am not so sure on the update tho, as I don't have it yet so haven't had a chance to play with it.

Upvote 0
I have the x10 mini, with Android 2.1 and used the Bluetooth to transfer music from one phone to another. Simply, you need to scan devices and pair with the your x10 mini with the other device and then you can send music files (and other files too) to the other device. I use ES File Explorer to access all my files, and it works very well.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones