• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

X10 mini pro firmware update

You are told you should do a backup, and there's the option to do a full restore (clear) and install which will definitely clear the phone. This option wasn't there a while ago and should solve my problem where I can't patch because I rooted and deleted some apps.

I'm now in the process of backing up the apps, data, settings and icon locations - but it's a shame you can't back up widget settings as that means having to do that all over again.

Upvote 0
just checked and my phone says it has an update that needs to be updated from the PC...
nothing on the website.
but when i connected w the PC companion, it did confirm the update availability.
any word from SE what this update will do?and what it's for?
is this like flashing where there's the possibility of bricking your phone?
any help will be appreciated.
thanks!
noob here...Hi everyone! :D

Upvote 0
The update you guys are talking about is a minor one that fixed 2 major things about the battery charging and alarm clock and it is not 2.1.

To those x10 mini users that updated their phones, is your phone charging now while it is turn off and is there a big recharging logo with a lightning sign in the middle?

If you guys remember, when you try and charge the phone when it is turn off, it switches on automatically and it will charge that way making it inefficient, but the update fixed it and now allows the x10 mini to charge when it is turn off. Also alarm clock works now when phone is turn off

Reactions: sicctt
Upvote 0
I got the upgrade notification on monday morning, around 1:30AM. but.... the upgrade notification was not for the long expected 2.1 upgrade, but the minor update on 1.6. However it made me curious enough to take the shortcut and force it into 'Norway-version' after rooting, upgraded to 2.1 , rooted again to correct my keyboard layout to azerty.
Had to re-install a bunch of applications, but so far do not regret the upgrade...

Upvote 0
Got 2.1 - update 1
today here in Norway.
Lost a lot of phone numbers even after backing it up and lost some software also (yes even the ones downloaded thru android market).
Also lost a few txt messages that came in during backup restore. Arrrgh
Not sure I like it yet.
Now I have to unlock it with a simple pattern (not the usual pattern lock). Before I could just push the left button a couple of times and liked that much more.
Some small nice upgrades but cant see any big difference yet.

Jojo

Upvote 0
If the update has been released in your location/carrier then download Sony Ericsson Update Service

Sony Ericsson - Support - Phones - Topic - Updateserviceapplication - Xperia? X10

And follow the on screen instructions. Ensure that you have made a back up of her contacts as the upgrade will wipe the phone. The old version of Backup and Restore which she may have on her phone already is not compatible with 2.1 so you need to download the new version. It should prompt you to do this when you start the update.

I personally didn't bother with it as I use Google to sync my contacts and Appbrain to save my app list and that was all I was really worried about.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones