• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help X10 Mini Pro Message Problem

i have the same problem with received texts from 2 of my contacts,some of the msgs are months old and have been long deleted, i think its a android problem which google are aware of but havent done anything to resolve it,its not the network so contacting them wont help.sometimes i dont get peoples msgs for hours then they all come through together,im not sure any we do will resolve the problem apart from maybe chucking the phone out the window and not buying a android phone again, im not happy with my not so smart smart phone :(

Upvote 0
Hey all,

I've been having a ridiculous amount of problems with receiving my messages on my mini pro. I'll give you some background info:-

Last summer I had problems with sending and receiving messages either they were really delayed or they never sent/arrived at all. After months of contact back and forth between myself and Orange they sent me a replacement sim and all was fixed.
In early December I began receiving error messages from the messaging app due to one of my conversations being too long, so I deleted said conversation and all was merry again, or so I thought. About a week after deleting the thread some of the new messages I was receiving were coming through merged with parts of old messages I'd deleted months prior. Strange I know.
What I've actually recently realised is that it seems to be a problem with messages that are longer than one message in length; so the first part of the message that is within the limit of one message comes through OK, and anything after that is a random old message. On top of that, my messages began being delayed again.

I contacted SE and told them what the problem was on several occasions and they insisted it was a network problem and nothing to do with the handset.
So I contacted Orange next and told them what had been going on and they said it wasn't their problem and they couldn't explain it and sent a replacement sim to see if that changed anything. Its made no difference.

I'm pretty much at the end of my tether, I'm seriously about ready to launch the pile of crap across the room. Is there anyone who can offer me some kind of help because ultimately neither Orange nor SE are interested, and I don't want to have waste money buying my 3rd smartphone in less than a year.

Thanks in advance.

I had the same problem but I solved it by free up my internal memory up to 22 MB.
You should have at least 22 MB free internal memory to be able to receive messages.

Good luck!
Mehrdad from Iran.
Sarouneh@yahoo.com

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones