• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root X10 mini with Android 2.3 Custom ROM (functions)

klon999

Lurker
Sep 18, 2011
Hi there,

As Sony Ericsson did not care to update this phone to Android 2.3 (!) with sooo many explanations, but no action, I have rooted my X10 mini and tried several Custom ROMs with 2.3. The main features I expected from this upgrade are:

- installation of apps to SD card
- enabling hotspot on X10 mini (wi-fi tethering)
- support for Adobe Flash (web-browsing with flash)

However, I succeeded only with "apps to SD".

Although the Custom ROMs I tried provided the possibility of making of wireless hotspot in their settings menu, it did not work for me (it said that it was starting, but nothing else happened). I also tried several external apps like Barnacle wi-fi tether, etc., but non of them worked either. Anyway, I would prefer to work that kind of "native" wi-fi tethering included in the settings menu without external app need.

For playing flash videos on websites I used to use Skyfire web-browser on stock Android 2.1, but it does not work on Custom ROMs with 2.3 somehow. Anyway again, I supposed that Adobe Flash support was one of the features, which should be supported natively in 2.3.

Can anybody help me with some of these two issues above, please?

Thanks a lot.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones