• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help X10 Questions/Answers

Mxtc

Mar 18, 2010
USA
I guess we can use this for Questions and Answers. Maybe I can answer some too.

Is there a voice search?

I noticed one thing on the X10 that seemed missing from Android. (On the HTC G1(Dream) running 1.6 and Motorola Droid(MileStone) running 2.0,) there was a Voice Search button next to the google search widget, but it's not there on the X10, and no voice search app in the market. Is it there somewhere?

Nice thread, btw Ive noticed that too. Im not sure either on the voice search. I read something somewhere about that but I cant remember where. But I will find it...
I ve got some small questions, if your phone is turned off, then plug in the charger..does yours automatically turn on?

Since this is a scratch resistant screen are you gonna use the screen protector?.

And last on my box its says Free Screen protector, leather pouch and Video stand..whats the video stand...its not in my box?

Upvote 0
No, I am not going to use a screen protector because all these touch screen devices that I have had have turned out great without protectors so I don't see a reason to get one.

Have had Samsung Tocco Ultra, at the moment have HTC Hero, Itouch and now the Xperia 10. Not 1 scracth throughout use on the Tocco Ultra, Itouch and HTC Hero.

Upvote 0
My two main questions, both of which I have yet to see Sony answer in a recent post (and frankly I don't trust their comments from November, because they were plain inaccurate about multi-touch support when they mentioned it then) are:

1. What is the color depth of the screen hardware (ie: is the screen technically capable of 16M colors)?

2. Is the screen mineral glass, or is it simply glass with non-scratch coating?

If anyone finds confirmation from Sony on either of these (and it would certainly help if Sony actually posted full tech specs on their website, rather than the minimal specs they have now), I'd love to read it.

Upvote 0
Honestly, that wouldn't matter, you can't tell the difference between 65K colors and 16m especially on a 4 inch screen.

Compared to AMOLED, I looked at the HTC HD2 the week before, and each an the advantage, AMOLED is very vibrant and brilliant, you can see it from the side, but it's not as sharp as LCD, but again, you'll not notice the difference unless you put it side by side.

@saltorio - haha, you seen content on not getting X10 and getting another phone, so just get the Desire, and be happy :D Its all good.

Upvote 0
Honestly, that wouldn't matter, you can't tell the difference between 65K colors and 16m especially on a 4 inch screen.

Compared to AMOLED, I looked at the HTC HD2 the week before, and each an the advantage, AMOLED is very vibrant and brilliant, you can see it from the side, but it's not as sharp as LCD, but again, you'll not notice the difference unless you put it side by side.

Well said. If someone is old enough he can remember that standard desktop was 16-bit back in the 90s...

@saltorio - haha, you seen content on not getting X10 and getting another phone, so just get the Desire, and be happy :D Its all good.

Yeah, this constant whining is rather lame, I agree - he should just get the Desire and stop complaining here about this silly, non-issues like 16M vs 65k colors etc.

Upvote 0
Yeah, this constant whining is rather lame, I agree - he should just get the Desire and stop complaining here about this silly, non-issues like 16M vs 65k colors etc.

Sorry Kamm. I call it as it is, and I just think that something that's being pitched as a flagship phone should have flagship features. Also, I remember what 16-bit color looked like, and as a graphic designer I can see the difference between that and 18 or 24-bit color.

With that said, I'm still confused, as I got this from SE via email earlier today, which seems to contradict what the above tweet:

Sony Ericsson Contact Center said:
Thank you for contacting Sony Ericsson Online Support.

In regards to your first question, the Xperia

Upvote 0
As for getting a Desire, it's not something I can afford. I need a subsidized phone, so I'm trying my best to understand what the X10 will bring me, and hope it lasts me the next 2 years.

@Saltorio - I feel you, but I highly recommend that you only get a phone that you know you'll be completely happy with.
Since you want Multi-touch/Pinch-to-Zoom, Android 2.1 don't get the X10. You might have to save up for a few months, or wait until Rogers offers a HTC phone, but be patient and find a product that you'll be happy with. (nexus one)

Upvote 0
Hi all!

I am a new Android user.. litterally still unboxing the new X10 I just got half hour ago! :)

Anyway I have a question.. how can I set the phone to silent but have one single person have a ring tone?

I will be reading up on android and playing with the phone but this is quite a difficult one to solve on other hand sets and wanted to see if I can get it sorted sooner rather than later :)

Thanks all in advance and I look forward to being with the Android community for a long time!

Scott

Upvote 0
Hi all!

I am a new Android user.. litterally still unboxing the new X10 I just got half hour ago! :)

Anyway I have a question.. how can I set the phone to silent but have one single person have a ring tone?

I will be reading up on android and playing with the phone but this is quite a difficult one to solve on other hand sets and wanted to see if I can get it sorted sooner rather than later :)

Thanks all in advance and I look forward to being with the Android community for a long time!

Scott

Welcome!

Ringo (Lite) is free on Android Market and is excellent! You can assign different ringtone and SMS tones to contacts. The "Pro" version I purchased for my Hero was fantastic, but can't find it again in the market! :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones