1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support X10 screen issues during calls

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by momhas3girls, Oct 5, 2010.

1. momhas3girls

momhas3girls Member

Oct 5, 2010
    photographer/student
    Michigan
    I'm asking for a friend who owns this phone. Can anyone share some insight so I can pass on the info to her? Thanks.

Her exact words to me today were: "I need to know how to shut the screen off on my xperia x10 during a call...sometimes it shuts off, sometimes it doesn't...when it doesn't, it causes me to perform a TON of unwanted tasks like adding a contact, changing the wallpaper, etc. when it hits my cheek."

Thanks again!

Advertisement

2. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    UK
    There is a proximity sensor near the ear peace and this should kill the screen when ever there is an object with in 1cm of the top third of the phone.

There is a secret menu to allow you to test the sensor but cant for the life of me remember how to open it.

Some people have posted the same issue but I never had it on my X10

3. momhas3girls

momhas3girls Member

Oct 5, 2010
    photographer/student
    Michigan
    Thanks for your speedy reply. Since I am unfamiliar with this phone, hopefully someone will chime in with how to check that so I can pass that info on.

4. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    UK
    Go down the page in the X10 section on here till you get to the X10 tips thread and I know the code is in there.

It's just pressing the 3 silver buttons in the right order to open the menu like a cheat code on a games console.

5. momhas3girls

momhas3girls Member

Oct 5, 2010
    photographer/student
    Michigan
    I will check there. Thank you!