1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General X10 T-mobile USA data

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tears123, Feb 24, 2011.

1. tears123

tears123 Newbie

Its a bit long, but please help me.

My girl friend and I both have the x10 and t-mobile with family talk and text.

I called t-mobile and ask them to disable data on my number just in case i accidentally open the browser and incur data usage.

My girl friend didn't know any of these stuff so she didn't and she had to pay for data usage. she called t-mobile and they credited the charge the first time.

After that she tried to disable data on her line and was told t-mobile does not have the ability to disable data usage on her line.

After calling many times, customer service from t-mobile finally disable data on her line but told my girl friend that if the data service is disabled every time she visits a web page she will be charged (can't remember how much, I think it was about) 2 dollars per page. (they set her line up for pay per view) The weird thing is she only has family talk and text service. no data service. I fell she is being taken advantage off.

I didn't know until today, apparently she has been billed for data usage for the past few month even though she only use the internet when she has the wifi turn on.

From what I hear, she told me that the T-mobile customer server told her that sometimes wifi can cut out and what that happens data service will be used from t-mobile. after the first credit, t-mobile refused to give her any more credits and my girl friend had no choice but pay for it.

Now here is where it gets all missed up. Why did they set her line up for pay per view when what she wants is to have the data disabled on her line like how i did with mine?

I called on her behalf today and got nowhere with the t-mobile customer service. They keep telling me the charge is valid and they can't roll back or credit the charge since they already credited her once.

does anybody have service with t-mobile usa?

What should I do? they will call me back tomorrow.

Thanks a lot

Advertisement