• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

X10a Users can now get Android 2.1!

CuBz

Android Expert
Sep 21, 2010
UK
www.amafialife.com
I noticed alot of people with X10a asking how they can get 2.1, so I posted this which I got from XDA :)

NOTE: This works with X10i and X10a

Here is new X10flash for Firmware 2.1 Version (old 1.6 Firmware can not be flashed with this at the moment).

Windows 7/Vista Users should diasable UAC!!

Download Flasher:
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

You will see that there is a new Folder "firmware" the firmware files must be inside this folder!

Download Firmware:

Put the extracted files into the new "firmware" Folder and run the X10flash.bat

THIS FIRMWARE IS ONLY FOR X10 NOT FOR MINI (PRO) or X8 !
But the flashtool should be capable of flashing all Xperia Series now!
If someone decrypts the Rom you can try it
smile.gif

IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS LIKE "Unable to Open Channel" please try this guide:
thanks aussiesausage
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=72

-XDA

Reactions: mlm122
I noticed alot of people with X10a asking how they can get 2.1, so I posted this which I got from XDA :)

Here is new X10flash for Firmware 2.1 Version (old 1.6 Firmware can not be flashed with this at the moment).

Download Flasher:

You will see that there is a new Folder "firmware" the firmware files must be inside this folder!

Download Firmware:

smile.gif

thanks aussiesausage

-XDA

Hey CuBz, this might be a stupid question, but if I want to do this do I have to be rooted?

Upvote 0
Ok, 1st attempt and i get a Black Screen and what seems to be stuck pixels.

2nd Attempt, reflashing, Same problem.

3rd attempt i have re-unzipped everything and manually replaced the firmware files (Instead of just extraction to), will update once done.

4th attempt, I'll try redownloading the files...

OK! 5Th time, everything has been Redownloaded and installed.

6th and last attempt, here goes nothing.

Yeah i dont know why but my phone just wont take 2.1? It seems as though the phone boots up, and gets caught in a loop (The Screen flickers every so often).

AND A FINAL EDIT: After the 6th time i gave up and reflashing RBA026 Nordic and it flashed back just fine. Then i gave it once last chance, and it worked fine.

SO! If at first it doenst work, try try try again!

Upvote 0
Worked for me - but I did need to update my java.

I lost all my apps (I forgot titanium doesn't work without root). Not that hard to get them back, but I lost playlists and stuff. Thankfully, my contacts were backed up.

I had a tough time getting shapewriter back or ADW and ADW has a few quirks that it didn't before.

Upvote 0
For the record this still gives you the X10i version, but I can confirm it works fine with the X10a, at least here in Australia. Loving the update so far, my phone is running faster with unrooted 2.1 than it did with rooted 1.6 with all the crap removed.

Hey, Cubz. isn't it true that if I flash my X10A with these files you provided, SEUS won't recognize the phone for future updates, because the phone will be converted to X10I?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Download Flasher:

Download Firmware:

smile.gif

thanks aussiesausage

-XDA

i am a mac user. do i need to do it from a PC, hence the .bat file

Upvote 0
Does teh phone need to be debranded to do this, and if so, does anyone have a good guide to follow... I am half decent with doing this kinda stuff...but never attempted anything this specific with android. I've done firmware downgrades and jailbreaking on iphones, but that is all.

Installing that 2.1 firmware will debrand it, as it is generic firmware. When you want to install X10a (2.1) when it's available, reinstall one of the three generic versions (Brazil, Argentina, Latin America) and you will still be debranded.

Upvote 0
hi i am getting errors

i have unbranded x10i
windows 7 x64 bit
latest java installed! all firewalls r off n av is also off

1) how do i find the DeviceID

then it gives me this

this is what i get

Please choose:
1.) 32-Bit Windows XP
2.) 64-Bit Windows XP
3.) 32-Bit Windows Vista/7
4.) 64-Bit Windows Vista/7
Please choose: (1-4): 4
please connect Xperia in flash mode.
Press any key to continue . . .
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\Error-Code-K!lL-PC\Desktop\Xperia x10\2.1 update\X
10Flash-2.1\USBFlash.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at X10flash.main(X10flash.java:389)
Press any key to continue . . .

Upvote 0
sooooo? the topic sayd This works with X10i and X10a that now I CAN have 2.1 then I read this...

Here is new X10flash for Firmware 2.1 Version (old 1.6 Firmware can not be flashed with this at the moment).. wtf so I can or not? well I have x10a and im interested in debrand my phone.... whats the first thing to do __??? beause everything seems to be for x10i

my carrier is plannig to put trash on my phone and make me wait more than a month or more... so why wait?

Upvote 0
yeah you can still use your vodafone sim with it. I done mine earlier today and everything is working well :D only downside is i had to choose "yes" when the wipedata question was asked but if you back up everything you'll be sorted :D

Which tutorial did you use, i would be very thankful. Also is there any chance i could brick my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones