• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

X10a Users can now get Android 2.1!

Hey, i don't think its corrupted cause its the same i used and it worked fine.flash mode is where you disconnect your phone from the computer and have turned it off, wait like 5 secs and while holding the back button you should connected the phone with the computer again . If the screen is black and you are holding the back button and now have the green "charging light" on, you are in flash mode :)

Upvote 0
Hey, i don't think its corrupted cause its the same i used and it worked fine.flash mode is where you disconnect your phone from the computer and have turned it off, wait like 5 secs and while holding the back button you should connected the phone with the computer again . If the screen is black and you are holding the back button and now have the green "charging light" on, you are in flash mode :)

I do that but once i press a key to countinue the app closes?

Edit: This is what comes up
asda.png

Upvote 0
So I updated last night (no issues, got it on 1st attempt and did it in about 10 minutes) and had about a day to play around with the phone. HUGE THANKS TO CUBZ AND EVERYONE FOR THE TUTORIALS! Anyways, I'll point out the things I think others have not talked about and list a few of my issues or questions. Was previously on X10a with Rogers (Canada).

Things I've noticed:
- after flash, the phone will be a bit sluggish, but after about 5 minutes, you can notice a major difference in the speed compared to 1.6

- for Chinese users, the Nordic FW DOES support Chinese, so if you were concerned with that before (like I was) then your concern should be eliminated now

- the Slide to Unlock screen isn't as smooth as it can be, and I think it'll be like 1.6 where the next update should fix it

- new calling interface is really slick and nice (the sound quality in phone calls seems to have improved too as my girlfriend said the background noise is drained out better than before)

- battery so far has been impressive (half a day with texting, playing around, downloading apps, live wallpaper running, etc. and still have 84% left as of right now after a full charge)

- Market works fine for me (only FC once, but worked fine again almost immediately)

Questions/Things I haven't figured out yet:
- on the lockscreen, there's an alarm icon on the top left and something that says "This phone belongs to: - - - protected by antivirus". Anyone got an idea how to get rid of it?

- any idea how to get facebook NOT to automatically sync facebook pictures with my contacts? I can't stand the low res pictures...i had to delete my facebook and twitter accounts from Timescape cuz they just automatically synced my contacts pictures...and then I had to manually delete each contact picture...NOT FUN!

- another thing about contact pictures. I manually set display pictures for a few of my contacts, but even though the pictures worked like a charm when i was on 1.6, the contact pictures seem to have been downscaled for whatever reason when I call someone. The picture just looks fugly and I'm already manually adding the contact pictures. Anyone got the same issue as me? If so, any way around this?

Upvote 0
I tried actually flashing mine because I was bored. Here is my issue, running win7 64-bit, downloaded java 32-bit, added the path in system variables, got device ID from regedit and entered in txt, firmware is in folder, put phone into flash mode hit enter and I get:

INFO: start
java.io.IOException: Unable to open channel. GetLastError=0
at com.sonyericsson.cs.usbflashnative.impl.USBFlashNa tiveImpl.openChannel(NativeMethod)
at x10flash.main(X10flash.java:414)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.lang.String.<init><Unknown Source>
at X10flash.testPluged<X10flash.java:106>
at X10flash.run<X10flash.java:379>
at X10flash.main<X10flash.java:421>

wtf.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones