1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root X10i - snookered!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ascalon, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Ascalon

Ascalon Member
    None

Nov 17, 2010
    The seventh ring
    OK, I flashed on baseband 2.1.54 to a custom 2.2 ROM via xRecovery and then another and then another and in each one, the SD card was not recognised. The XDA forum showed that this has happened to a few people but there are no fixes.

I then went to look for an xRecovery installable 2.1 ROM and found the Eternity ROM and flashed that and hey presto, the SD card came back, but it will not give me the SIM card PIN window!

I then thought I would use PC Companion to go back to a standardised firmware and go from there but PC Companion will not allow me to update either. It say that it cannot update the firmware.

So now I'm snookered. All I can do is install using xRecovery and have a phone with no SD card or have a ROM that can use the SD card but not the phone!

Can anyopne point me to an SE 2.1 image for baseband 54 that can be installed via xRecovery?

Cheers,

A

Advertisement

2. Ascalon

Ascalon Member
    None

Nov 17, 2010
    The seventh ring
    I think I have a solution?
    I found flash tool and am currently tying to install from a generic firmware. Wish me luck!

A

UPDATE: Latest version of SEUS flashed it back and Flashtool rooted it! Sorted!