• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help X10i unable to receive/make calls/SMS but data ok?

M

mbailey

I have the latest update 2.1, but I have a very worrying problem.

After a couple of days the phone is unable to make or receive calls, or send or receive txt messages.

If I try and make a call it attempts to start the call, but immediately comes back with unavailable.

Incoming calls go straight to voicemail.

Outgoing txt messages don't work.

What is strange is that if I try and browse the web (over 3G) then that works fine!

I have tried doing a network scan again, and reregistering to Tmobile, but that doesn't make a difference.

If I turn the phone off and on again, then it is fine and all calls/txts are working again.

I have seen this 4 times now with my phone. It doesn't always happen, but it has happened a few times now which is worrying.

The annoying thing is that you obviously don't know when incoming calls stop. You only find out the problem has occured when you attempt to make a call or send a TXT.

I am on tmobile in the UK.

Anyone else seen this or have any suggestions?

I had another strange one yesterday, the phone completely lost the network.

I tried going into the menus to select the network manually and automatically, but it wouldn't see the network. It reported the lists of networks it could see, and when I selected Tmobile it said "registered" but the icon at the top of the screen still showed a red cross and zere signal strength.

I tried changing from 3G to GSM, but that didn't make a difference.

In the end I power the phone off and on again, and it worked perfectly again.

What I think is happening is that once it has lost the network it doesn't seem to be able to recover unless the phone is powered off and on again.

Has anyone seen this?

Upvote 0
I have the latest update 2.1, but I have a very worrying problem.

After a couple of days the phone is unable to make or receive calls, or send or receive txt messages.

If I try and make a call it attempts to start the call, but immediately comes back with unavailable.

Incoming calls go straight to voicemail.

Outgoing txt messages don't work.

What is strange is that if I try and browse the web (over 3G) then that works fine!

I have tried doing a network scan again, and reregistering to Tmobile, but that doesn't make a difference.

If I turn the phone off and on again, then it is fine and all calls/txts are working again.

I have seen this 4 times now with my phone. It doesn't always happen, but it has happened a few times now which is worrying.

The annoying thing is that you obviously don't know when incoming calls stop. You only find out the problem has occured when you attempt to make a call or send a TXT.

I am on tmobile in the UK.

Anyone else seen this or have any suggestions?

I'm getting the exact same issues, I'm thinking it might have something to do with the sleep policies of your wi-fi. If I set it to "never when plugged in" then it happens very often. When it's set to "when screen switches off" then less often.

The only workaround I have thus far, is to switch airplane mode on and off. (Still annoying and unpredictable, but at least it saves time instead of fully restarting).

Upvote 0
Men i have the same problem, here in Brazil, and i sow this.. Every Smartphone when you start to make or receive a call they auto turn off 3g, when your call stop they turn on again, and this Xperia doesnd doing this.. so.. if you are in a call and the smarth try to sync or any access to the 3g you miss call and need to restart to work again :S

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones