• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

X2 Release Date Official

fastpicker89

Mar 6, 2011
Droid X2 Release Date: May 19th online, 26th in stores

Finally. My decision? Verizon sucks with releasing phones. I'm desperate though. I'll go ahead and get this on the 26th unless I hear differently from Samsung before then. If someone tells me the release date of a better dual core phone before the 26th, I'll hold out.

It's a bummer that THIS is the first dual core phone they're releasing, when there are already way better phones on the market... not to mention Pantek's new powerhouse...

you guys have to understand this phone wasn't meant to be the massive Powerhouse that the DX1 was last summer. That is what the Targa/Bionic will be....or hopefully the next Nexus device.

Think of this phone in terms of just a reboot, the Dinc2 was the same way. Look at other major smart phones ...Blackberry, Iphone....they release a new version of their phone each year, and only add a few new features each time. Maybe once every two or three years you see a complete remake ala iphone 4.

I really think people got their hopes up too much with this phone, never the less it is still going to be a great phone. The screen should be much better and more importantly the Dual Core processor should carry this phone in to the ICS era...where as the OG DX will probably never see ICS.

Reactions: jroc
Upvote 0
I am really confused by a lot of posts people make on this.(Not really talking about any I see in this thread, just in general about the X2) If a new computer came out with the same exterior but had twice the processing power, would people really say "It's the same freaking computer"? The X2 is a significantly more powerful X1. What else would anyone expect? They wouldn't call it a Droid X2 if it wasn't extremely similar to the original.

I have to think about getting one myself and selling my Thunderbolt.

Reactions: trophynuts and jroc
Upvote 0
I agree with the last 2 posts. I know when the Droid 2 came out some ppl with Droid 1's were like...meh...lol

But it was a step up from the Droid 1. This is a bigger step up from the Droid 1. I feel this is a bigger step up from the Droid 1 to Droid X. The Droid X kept the same gpu as the Droid 1, it was clocked a lil higher. This is another league we're in with Tegra 2.

I dont get the "looks the same" complaints either. The EVO Shift looks the same as the 4G except for a slide out keyboard, dont hear any complaints about that. HTC make similar looking phones too, no complaints about that....the Galaxy S2 looks alot like the Galaxy S1...no complaints about that..I think its just popular to hate on Moto like it is to hate on Apple....lol.

Reactions: trophynuts
Upvote 0
This is probably the best 3G phone on Verizon now. Better sequel to DX than Dinc 2 is to original Dinc. My only gripe is with Tegra2 processor. It was reported to have some issues with certain video formats. Is that all resolved now? Also it doesn't seem to blend well with LTE radio chip, hence original Bionic was canceled and went back to lab to replace Tegra2 with other processor.

Upvote 0
Is this fact or hearsay? Got a link? First I've heard of the Bionic being canceled, Tegra 2 not working well with LTE, and the Bionic being changed to a non Tegra 2 processor.

The original Bionic that was shown at CES won't come and it will be redesigned with enhanced features to come later in summer. This is what Motorola said officially. There is no official word on exact technical reasons or change of processor. But many rumor reports said tegra2 is at the core of trouble with LTE. Given that 4G LTE support for Xoom is also delayed with no firm date, the rumor makes quite sense. It's also possible that Moto felt that Tegra2 won't be enough to compete with SGSII, Evo 3D and decided to put better performing processor in Bionic like Tegra3 that was supposed to go in Targa.

So right now what's going on with Bionc is kind in black box and anyone's guess. The Bionic forum here lost buzz pretty much after Moto announced Bionic delay.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones