1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support X2 says "Charging" in USB Dock, but Doesnt?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by subdivisions, May 28, 2011.

1. subdivisions

subdivisions Newbie
    None

May 20, 2011
    I have the USB Multimedia dock (essentials Pack), and even tho the phone SAYS its charging (right now 60%), if i leave it in there for hours, it will Remailn at 60%.. (The battery icon is moving too)..

Now i did install the ADB Driver for Android (via the workaround for x64 win7), but even if i seet the phone usb connection to "Charging" Only.. It seems to not charge?? Or at least Charge and Not Drain??

Anyone else notice this?

It is fine with the Incar Dock..

Advertisement

2. Cybrboi2k

Cybrboi2k Lurker
    None

May 29, 2011
    Same here. Left my Droid X2 plugged into my multimedia dock at 5% battery, left for about 4 hours, came back, and my droid completely drained. I got out the wall charger, and plugged it in for about an hour or so... it charged up fine. I did not install this ADB driver thing you spoke of, but I did have a similar issue with my work Blackberry Tour. Apparently, you need a driver for the phone in order to properly charge it. Without the driver, it's a very slow charge. Maybe the X2 requires something like this.

3. subdivisions

subdivisions Newbie
    None

May 20, 2011
    Yea, the motorola software that you download from their site say you need the driver to charge it via usb.. But i couldnt get their driver to install on x64 win7, something with the inf insnt updated or something i have read...

4. subdivisions

subdivisions Newbie
    None

May 20, 2011
  5. subdivisions

subdivisions Newbie
    None

May 20, 2011
    Hmm Maybe i was mistaken.. It seems the battery is not updating while in the Dock.. I put the phone on the Dock at 60%, and 60% it stayed for at least 3 hours.. I took it off, and it says its 80% now..

Very Odd.. Bug Perhaps?

6. subdivisions

subdivisions Newbie
    None

May 20, 2011
    Looks like doing some more reading from the original Droid others had same issue as well.. Charging via USB is SLOW compared to the Wall charger (which i dont quite get because the wall charger it comes with is only a USB Converter, and USB and the charger both run at the standard 5V, but from what i read the wal lcharger runs at 1000ma, where the USB Port is only 500ma, aka 2x as long to charge.

7. square

square Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 21, 2009
    wall charger is 850 i think...yes, usb is slower. the problem is that the x2 does not update (even though it is charging) until you unplug or when it reached 100%. not a big deal, but a bug that needs addressed.