1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General X2 wont charge while using nav.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by huffman6977, Jun 1, 2012.

1. huffman6977

huffman6977 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    X2 wont charge while using nav. Plugged it in while fully charged, it said it was charging but after a 2 hour trip pulled it off the charger and exited google nav and pkone was down to 20%. Im on 2.4 stock rom

Advertisement

2. coolpoete

coolpoete Well-Known Member

May 21, 2011
    Alabama
    Does it charge when you are not using NAV? Do you think it could be the cable? Try a different one and see what happens. I would also maybe suggest pulling the battery out for a few secs and putting it back in and see if it makes any difference.

3. huffman6977

huffman6977 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    It charges fine with the cable.

4. themib

themib Well-Known Member

charger may not be strong enough, to keep up
    gps, nav, and screen on takes alot of power

5. coolpoete

coolpoete Well-Known Member

May 21, 2011
    Alabama
    That's a possibility.. if the charger is generic/off-brand it may not be supplying enough voltage. I've used my nav in the car with a Verizon-bought rapid charger and it works just fine.

6. wharpig

wharpig Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2010
    PC Analyst
    Ohio
    That would be my first thought...it might charge without anything running but using the GPS can drain a battery quickly!

Try a new cable, some of these cheap cables dont have the same voltage as the ones that come with the phone/through Verizon. I still always buy the no name brands and have always had good luck...I beleive the one in my car is going to 4 years old now and I got it for $6 from amazon:)