1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

x2 wont turn on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 74marolt, Dec 30, 2011.

1. 74marolt

74marolt Newbie

I rooted my dx2 about 3 months ago, havent done anything with it since then as far as modding it goes. Just used it as usual, but recently it ran out of battery one night and now it wont turn on at all... no lights when its plugged in, nothing. Is there anything that can be done, or do i need to just buy a new phone?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Scur

Scur Android Expert

Well, how long has it been plugged in? It won't turn on until you recharge up to a certain percentage. And I remember a few people saying if they let their phone discharge completely, it had to be fully recharged before it came back on. Just leave it plugged in all day, and check every few hours.

3. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

have you tried reseating the battery as well?

4. 74marolt

74marolt Newbie

It has been plugged in for a good while now, the green light only comes on for a few minutes and then shuts off.
    How do you reset the battery?

5. Scur

Scur Android Expert

Charge your battery to 100%, reset your battery, let it drain until dead, then recharge it completely full again.
    You can reset the battery using an app from the market (like Battery Calibration), using the reset battery stats option in a custom recovery, or doing what those do on their own which is deleting the battery stats file (/data/system/batterystats.bin).

6. 74marolt

74marolt Newbie

I cant reset it that way, the phone wont power on lol

7. Scur

Scur Android Expert

So you've been letting it charge a whole day now and it still won't turn on?

8. 74marolt

74marolt Newbie

Im not sure if its charging. When i plug it in, the green notification light comes on, but then goes off after an hour or so. Then if i unplug it and plug it back in, the green light comes back on. Makes no sense to me, still wont turn on though,

9. Scur

Scur Android Expert

That sucks. Will it boot into any other mode?

Motorola Droid X2 Forum

The Motorola Droid X2 release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1540mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews