• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help X8 wont switch on

ianw1970

Lurker
Feb 21, 2012
Hi, i got an X8 from a friend and it was working fine until i used the Sony Ericsson PC Companion to update the phone, everything was installing until my pc crashed during the installation , now the phone wont switch on , all i get is a slight vibration from the phone when i try to power it on and the screen stays blank, pc wont recognise the phone either , is the phone now useless ??

Hi, i got an X8 from a friend and it was working fine until i used the Sony Ericsson PC Companion to update the phone, everything was installing until my pc crashed during the installation , now the phone wont switch on , all i get is a slight vibration from the phone when i try to power it on and the screen stays blank, pc wont recognise the phone either , is the phone now useless ??

Try using the Update Service instead as this can be run with the phone powered off and may bring the phone back to life:

http://dl-www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/110/61/1323075336/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones