1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Xbmc freezing newbie help

Discussion in 'TV & Video' started by Sweetwildcat77, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Sweetwildcat77

Hope someone can help. I'm a newbie to android so keep it fairly simple please.

I recently got an ultra m8 box running on kitkat 4.4. To begin with all was well and had no issues but it's started having problems with xbmc (Gotham). It can take 2-3 attempts to get it open and during navigating the menus it freezes every so often for a minute or two then suddenly catches up with key presses. The really annoying thing is it does it while watching films etc. every 10 mins or so it will freeze for a minute or two then start playing again. While it's frozen you can't do anything. Watching stuff on show box is fine and internet speeds at 13mbps.

I've tried different Ethernet cables and tried it on wifi. I've watched the sellers videos with suggested adjustments but it still happens. The only other issue I seem to have is it no longers automatically adjusts the time and if I've had to unplug it I have to manually reset the time. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as it's very frustrating trying to watch anything. I've contacted the seller too so hopefully get somewhere.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Philious

Philious Lurker

HiI have a similar issue with xbmc so I installed tvaddons version of this and it seemed work smoother than xbmc on the android, google "tvaddons" and that navigate you to a download page!
    With the time that would suggest either a software or hardware problem, make sure the box isn't hot or it's in a place where its too hot, check memory and delete apps you don't use or insert a memory card to boost memory also go into setting and clear cache on some apps you use more. Xbmc is a great media centre which updates often so you must allow it to do its thing or it will freeze up, there's lots on youtube to help with xbmc issues
    Good luck hope I've been some help

3. Sweetwildcat77

Thanks for the reply. In the end I sent the box back and recieved a replacement which is now running fine after an initial teething problem with it eating my bandwidth. Was getting 12mbps when it was off and 1.5mbps as soon as powered on. Turned out I needed to change my micro filter. All perfect now thanks. Will keep your suggestion in mind.

4. Philious

Philious Lurker

Glad to hear you got it sorted.