• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Xbox 1 vs PS4: Which would you choose?

I'm all about the ps4 but there are no games I really care for other then killzone. What really wins me is titanfall... not just another sequel to games I've already played. And I'm a huge call of duty fan as it is. So tatanfall wins me over in a big way. How dissapointing its not comming to ps4. What I'm curious is, what consoles have sold the most even for their time being released on the market each.

Upvote 0
I'm all about the ps4 but there are no games I really care for other then killzone. What really wins me is titanfall... not just another sequel to games I've already played. And I'm a huge call of duty fan as it is. So tatanfall wins me over in a big way. How dissapointing its not comming to ps4. What I'm curious is, what consoles have sold the most even for their time being released on the market each.

I think it's being produced and marketed by Microsoft Studios, so it shouldn't be all that big of a surprise. You could always play it on PC like I intend to when it releases.

Upvote 0

I think it's being produced and marketed by Microsoft Studios, so it shouldn't be all that big of a surprise. You could always play it on PC like I intend to when it releases.

I'm still confused as to why Titanfall is exclusive. Respawn is signed with EA, which is publishing the game (it was included in their E3 conference as well as MS). MS must have paid them quite a bit for exclusivity.

Upvote 0
I don't see what is so special about that game anyway. Just an online only shooter with no single player campaign at all. Aren't people sick of deathmatches yet? Well, it has giant mechs. I've always hated giant mechs. If people were going to build giant robots to cruise around in, a humanoid design would be the absolute worst design lol. Anyway, choosing a console based on one game is ridiculous.

Upvote 0
I don't see what is so special about that game anyway. Just an online only shooter with no single player campaign at all. Aren't people sick of deathmatches yet? Well, it has giant mechs. I've always hated giant mechs. If people were going to build giant robots to cruise around in, a humanoid design would be the absolute worst design lol. Anyway, choosing a console based on one game is ridiculous.

do you know who ReSpawn Entertainment is? And where that team came from and started out? That is why it's a big deal.

From the wikipedia article of Infinity Ward
2010 employee firings and departures[edit]

Dismissal of senior employees[edit]
On March 1, 2010, Activision amended its report with the Securities and Exchange Commission to add notification that two senior employees of Infinity Ward were being fired due to "breaches of contract and insubordination". This coincided with Jason West (Infinity Ward president, game director, co-CCO, and CTO) and Vince Zampella (CEO and co-founder of Infinity Ward) editing their profiles on the website LinkedIn to list Infinity Ward as a former employer as of March 2010. Reportedly, a meeting between Zampella, West, and Activision staff occurred on March 1, after which neither Zampella nor West were seen; this was followed by the arrival of security guards at the studio.[37][38] It was later confirmed by Activision that West and Zampella had been dismissed, and had been replaced on an interim basis by Activision CTO Steve Pearce and head of production Steve Ackrich.[39]
Activision CEO Bobby Kotick addressed Infinity Ward studio heads on March 2, 2010 about Zampella and West's dismissal. A second meeting was held with all of Infinity Ward's employees on hand. The outcomes of those meetings are currently unknown,[40] but Activision has explained that Infinity Ward is still "central" to the future of the Call of Duty franchise. Activision has used a new studio, Sledgehammer Games, to create an "action-adventure" installment of the Call of Duty franchise. However, Activision halted the production of the action-adventure game which was reportedly 2–3 months into production and requested Sledgehammer Games to work side-by-side with Infinity Ward to make Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 instead.[41]
Further departures[edit]
Following West and Zampella's firings, nearly half of the remaining Infinity Ward employees resigned. Throughout April and May 2010, 46 employees, among them lead designers and programmers who worked on Modern Warfare 2, abruptly left Infinity Ward. All of them have so far declined to comment on their reasons for leaving.[42]
Infinity Ward "Fully" Reconstructed[edit]
Vivendi chairman and CEO Jean-Bernard L

Upvote 0
specific game titles have always swayed people from one console to the other.

no halo on playstation(that is one game that has single handily pulled in customers)

call of duty is cross platform, therefor that game does not sway customers to buy a certain console.

playstation had the edge til the pay to play feature they added and being hacked and down for several months, a lot of people took that into consideration when buying a console.

people also choose a console based on what their friends have.

one game may not sway you but it does happen 8 times out of 10.

I dont know what games you are into or what your favorite game is, but if you did have an absolute favorite that eventually went to one console and not the other, would you switch to that console to play your favorite game?

I would and did.
xbox(original) had ninja gaiden.
ps2 had DragonBall Z.
went to a ps2 to play all of the dbz games.
once they came to the xbox, went back to the xbox.

either way, it is your choice; however there are many people who chose a console based on one particular game they are so eager to play.

Upvote 0
For me, it has to be the Xbox One. I have actually already owned the PS4, got Plus, a couple games, the camera and an extra controller but, already sold it, where as the Xbox is staying. For multiplatform games, I'd rather get achievements. The only PS4 exclusive I want is Infamous second son.
I did try Ghosts on it and I'm used to the Xbox controller layout so using killstreaks was a pain and I kept dying when I tried to use one lol. I will get another PS4 but, not for now. Xbox for me primarily :). They look the same anyway lol :p, although the camera is much smaller and lighter on the PS4 and no huge powerpack lol.

Upvote 0
For me, it has to be the Xbox One. I have actually already owned the PS4, got Plus, a couple games, the camera and an extra controller but, already sold it, where as the Xbox is staying. For multiplatform games, I'd rather get achievements. The only PS4 exclusive I want is Infamous second son.
I did try Ghosts on it and I'm used to the Xbox controller layout so using killstreaks was a pain and I kept dying when I tried to use one lol. I will get another PS4 but, not for now. Xbox for me primarily :). They look the same anyway lol :p, although the camera is much smaller and lighter on the PS4 and no huge powerpack lol.

I know what you mean here.
I didnt get the ps4 but going from the 360 to the one there was a difference in the layout.
It took me a few minutes to get used to. and when i played my brother-in-laws 360, the controller layout caused me to die a lot as well.

Upvote 0
I resisted the urge to buy on day one as I wanted to see what both consoles offered and the videos on youtube. My brother got the PS4 on launch day and it is a stunning machine, hardcore gamers that aren't bothered about the camera etc will love it, the joypad is infinitely better than the dualshock 3 and the thing looks beautiful...

I'm going for the Xbox One, as soon as I had a shot of my friends I just fell in love with it.. the thing is hideously ugly but when it's in your cabinet it wont be moved much and just blends in with the TiVo box and other stuff in there. Game wise it isn't far behind the Sony, I've played Fifa 14 and AC Black Flag on both and to be honest I couldn't see any difference at all.

The Kinect is unbelievable on this thing & including it with the console means devs will use it unlike the PS4 camera.. I couldn't believe how accurate it was and I have a heavy north east English accent yet every time it got what I was saying.. I'm still not a fan of hand gestures as it's quicker using the pad but could have some great functions in games. The pad is great, feels just the right size in my hand and is perfectly balanced.. people who think this is a media machine first and foremost are wrong, it is a gaming machine that does other stuff.

The UI while being slightly annoying in some places is easy to pick up and if you have windows 8 then it's instantly recognisable.. Windows 8's next update will actually make it the same.. there is a few things need ironing out though.

For me and my family, the games like Kinect Sports Rivals, just dance and stuff like that are fun and stuff we can play together. For myself all the games I am looking forward to like Watchdogs, Thief 3, Halo 5 and Titanfall are coming out and will play just as well as they will on the PS4 (if available).

Either way whatever console you get I reckon it will be amazing and healthy competition will drive the quality upwards.

Upvote 0
I'll get the PS4 eventually, but I'm not in any hurry. Launch games are always underwhelming and I still have a lot of PS3 games to play. I didn't realize how much smaller the PS4 is than the Xbox One, and the Xbox still has a huge power brick. Weird. Even with the bigger cabinet and external power supply, they are saying the Xbox still runs hotter. That's surprising given all the problems they had with the 360. Anyway, this article has some side by side pics to compare the sizes.

Head-to-head: Everything you need to know in the PS4 vs. Xbox One battle | Ars Technica

Not to contradict you Gmash but a show here in the UK measured the heat and noise output of both consoles and the xbox was significantly lower due to the vents being on all sides of the unit plus the power brick being on the outside as opposed to the one vent on the PS4 and internal power block.

Upvote 0
I consistently use my 360 and ps3...

I like the 360 UI and achievements WAY more. I LOVE hearing the achievement noise and seeing it pop up, ps3 version doesn't do sh*t for me honestly.

BUT... (and this may be due to my ps3 being plugged into the better TV) I'd rather play a game on my ps3 as opposed to the 360 version....

That may change with next gen...

I will say this, as soon as there is another Uncharted game I will be FORCED into getting a PS4 :D
Nothing that I can think of on the X1 that makes me feel that way, unless xbox gets Mass Effect exclusivity again.

Upvote 0
Not to contradict you Gmash but a show here in the UK measured the heat and noise output of both consoles and the xbox was significantly lower due to the vents being on all sides of the unit plus the power brick being on the outside as opposed to the one vent on the PS4 and internal power block.

Hmm that's interesting. It seems like the XBO would be cooler for the reasons you mentioned, I was just going by the article I linked. That's why I mentioned it, I thought it was surprising.

Upvote 0
i had both the PS3 and the 360. For me it was a little of both of what has already been mentioned in this thread.

I got the PS3 because i had to play the God of War games. I got the 360 because it's what all my friends had and i wanted to play online with them.

I'm not saying i won't ever get the PS4 but for the next year or so i can say it will be Xbone only. Neither console imo had a good launch set of titles. actually i think they kind of sucked. Oh well. I can't wait for Elder Scrolls Online, TitanFAll, WatchDogs, and the next CoD.

I realized that a lot of people aren't CoD fans but i would bet that the majority of owners are. Which is why every time a new CoD comes out it breaks another sales record of the previous CoD.

Reactions: VoidedSaint
Upvote 0
I found out something interesting today. The Xbox One's TV feature is practically useless outside of America. The Xbox is designed to output in 60hz so when you try to use it with a European Pal 50hz TV the screen stutters. So if you plan on getting an Xbox mainly for the media capabilities and don't live in America I'd think twice.

Maybe if you still have a old CRT TV. Modern HDTV's run above 100hz as standard. This is a none issue.

Upvote 0

From what I've seen far from it...:D Still seem to be incredibly popular, especially with students in internet bars. This is PC gaming however, because we have no XBoxs or Playstations here, not officially.

Upvote 0
I found out something interesting today. The Xbox One's TV feature is practically useless outside of America. The Xbox is designed to output in 60hz so when you try to use it with a European Pal 50hz TV the screen stutters. So if you plan on getting an Xbox mainly for the media capabilities and don't live in America I'd think twice.

Only really an issue if you're using an old CRT set isn't it? Analogue PAL broadcasts have very much ceased in Europe, NTSC was turned off in the US as well. Very much any TV made in the last few years has a digital HDMI input, often multiple HDMI inputs.

Even if you're using the analogue 60Hz only output it shouldn't be a problem, many TVs in Europe are multi-standard PAL/NTSC 50/60Hz, unless you've got something really vintage, like 20 years old or more. Sure if anyone has coughed up all that money for an XBox One, they're not very likely to be using it with an old wooden cabinet Radio Rentals or Rediffusion thing.

If one is using the analogue composite interlaced 525 line 60Hz output, it's hardly going to show the One at its best. It really needs digital HD.

Upvote 0
Neither PS4 or XB1 as of right now I am happy with my X360. Games are limited on both the next-gen systems, usually the norm right, plus the games that they have shown haven't really impressed me much. Plus, I'm not much on owning a first production run console, until all the kinks are worked out I'll be sticking with my X360 enjoying GTA V and a few other games I need to finish up on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones