• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

XBox 360 Modding.

rwZephyr

Apr 25, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Does anyone here have any experience in it? I have a couple 360's with bum DVD drives, and I was thinking, instead of spending 70$ for a new drive and having to flash it and blah blah, that I could just Mod one to read ISO's off a external HDD (I have a couple 500gb drives around the house) Does anyone here have any idea on how to do this, and no I'm not looking to play pirated games, this would just be a second xbox in the living room so we can either system link them, or play the games that I already own without a second copy, or the need for another DVD drive.

I have some soldering experience and am not afraid to rip things apart, I just need a guide lol :)

I used to do this with a friend of mine. You WILL get banned from Xbox Live, even if you never even sign in or plug into the internet. No questions asked. We have no idea how they figured out how the last wave of modders that they banned were playing burned games, because everything was completely stealth checked and passed perfectly, and many people who never even used Live signed in only to find their console banned. Even people who simply had their firmware modded and never played a burned game on their Xboxes had them banned. I highly recommend that you have a second Xbox for multiplayer over live and just use the modded one for single player or local multiplayer games.

Upvote 0
In that case use a broken one. They don't ban accounts, just xboxes. The real kicker is that once its banned, you can't play games off the hard drive either. Its a mess. After the last wave hit almost no progress has been made and most people either went legit or just stopped playing Xbox.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones