1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Xbox One Controller lag with bluetooth

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by silentheaven83, Jun 12, 2020.

1. silentheaven83

Hi everybody,

I just got a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2019 (Android 9.0), installed retroarch and connected my Xbox One controller via Bluetooth.

I noticed an input lag, every 2-3 seconds the tablet doesn't get immediately the inputs, it seems to hang and then it will process them really fast. It happens in every application.

I have recorded a video but I don't know how to post here.

Can you tell me if it's an hardware problem? Thanks.

2. Weber11

Weber11 Lurker

OMG, i hate this things...

3. silentheaven83

I hate that too.

When I connect a controller via USB it works fine but on Bluetooth it doesn't work that well.

I'd like to understand If it's an hardware problem so I may change the tablet.

I don't know how to post that video.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Upload your video to YouTube, and then post the URL here is probably the easiest way.

As for your controller problem, no real ideas, but have you tried restarting your tablet, also check that the supporting app(if any) is latest version. Is an Xbox One controller actually supposed to work with Android? Of course this is something I've never tried myself.

5. silentheaven83

Here it is the video:

As you can see sometimes it process all the "backlog" inputs very fast, or it simply hangs for a moment.

I even restored the tablet which is almost new since I got it yesterday.

mikedt likes this.
  6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

It looks like a lag issue. But what can be done to fix it, no idea for sure. Have you tried the Xbox controller on another phone or tablet, to eliminate if it's the controller or the Galaxy Tab causing the problem?

7. silentheaven83

I don't have any other bluetooth controller to try rather then a Steelseries Nimbus for iOS and even if it connects to the tablet I can't say that it works correctly since it's not for Android.

It can be an incompatibility with this particular controller since there are videos on youtube of people playing with other brands on the same tablet.
    I have the lastest software versions both on the tablet and on the controller. I even tried to restore the (brand new) tablet but had no luck.

Other people are complining as well:
    https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Tablets/TAB-A-2019-10-1-Bluetooth-Joystick-Lag-Issue/m-p/1112044

8. mikedt

mikedt 你好

So presumably this problem is only with the Tab A 2019 10.1, and not other tablets or phones?

Good luck in getting Samsung to fix that I think. They might say, this is not something we support, and Xbox One controllers are for Xbox One consoles only.

9. silentheaven83

Yeah, I started the return process, I don't think it will ever be solved.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 release date was April 2019. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Exynos 7904 processor, and 6150mAh battery.

April 2019
Release Date
Reviews