• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Xda forums down?

this is torture. been out of the county for a week. returned last night and XDA is down!!

arrghh!

didn't realize how addicting this whole phone/root business really was.

+1

i am glad i found cyanogen tazz because before that i was wasting a lot of time switching roms. there was never anything really wrong with the other roms i used i just never really liked them like i do with ctazz.

Upvote 0
Quick question if anyone knows, What is better and which one lets your phone run faster between the kaosfroyo v34 and cyanogen tazz 5.0 ?? im new to rooting and wanted to try my first hand at a 2.2 froyo. Altho i still need to learn how to flash the rom but i will download one of those when ever XDA comes back up

Opps and ill be using the 1 click root for eris. Do i have to create back ups and all that or does it do it for me?

Upvote 0
Quick question if anyone knows, What is better and which one lets your phone run faster between the kaosfroyo v34 and cyanogen tazz 5.0 ?? im new to rooting and wanted to try my first hand at a 2.2 froyo. Altho i still need to learn how to flash the rom but i will download one of those when ever XDA comes back up

Opps and ill be using the 1 click root for eris. Do i have to create back ups and all that or does it do it for me?

they are both really stable and fast now. some people would say kaos is better. i personally like tazz better but you can't go wrong with either. i suggest trying both and seeing which one works best on your device because it does vary from eris to eris.

edit: just saw your other question and though i did not root with that method so i do not know if it backs up your stuff or if it even wipes, but it you might as well go ahead and back your data up with astro or something similar because you will have to wipe whenever you flash tazz or kaos. but 2.2 automatically backs up your apps if you flash between 2 froyo roms in the future.

Upvote 0
they are both really stable and fast now. some people would say kaos is better. i personally like tazz better but you can't go wrong with either. i suggest trying both and seeing which one works best on your device because it does vary from eris to eris.

edit: just saw your other question and though i did not root with that method so i do not know if it backs up your stuff or if it even wipes, but it you might as well go ahead and back your data up with astro or something similar because you will have to wipe whenever you flash tazz or kaos. but 2.2 automatically backs up your apps if you flash between 2 froyo roms in the future.

Thank you that does help me, Does this happen alow with XDA forums? lol like i said i am a newbie at this and really eager to get this root on the way. Does the Unlocker site explain how to back up and flash roms? for the moment the site keeps freezing up on me

Upvote 0
Thank you that does help me, Does this happen alow with XDA forums? lol like i said i am a newbie at this and really eager to get this root on the way. Does the Unlocker site explain how to back up and flash roms? for the moment the site keeps freezing up on me

no. this is the first time it has happened since i have been going to it and i have had an eris since december and going to xda since feb. it is just the host of the xda site doing maintenance and it did not go as well as was expected.

not sure if it explains it on that site because i have never been there but in the eris dev. section of xda (whenever it gets back up) there are stickies that thoroughly explain it. before xda i didnt know anything about android at all. once you get the hang of it it becomes infinitely more easy! trust me ;).

Upvote 0
no. this is the first time it has happened since i have been going to it and i have had an eris since december and going to xda since feb. it is just the host of the xda site doing maintenance and it did not go as well as was expected.

not sure if it explains it on that site because i have never been there but in the eris dev. section of xda (whenever it gets back up) there are stickies that thoroughly explain it. before xda i didnt know anything about android at all. once you get the hang of it it becomes infinitely more easy! trust me ;).
Alright thanks brother u been a big help, XDA seems to be up again for the moment so ill get a hurry on the way

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones